Q.

When you want to see a movie, you prefer to watch it in theatre or in your cozy private living room? Any reason behind that? What is the criteria behind choosing a movie: theme, actors, director or just fame of the film?

Tags: music, entertainment, home decor
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 17 Sep '09 12:51 pm

1.

If practically possible, i prefer to watch a film in a theatre. Just that the effect is amazing.
I choose film based on the reviews, and also watch some directors' movies irrespective of review.
Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 17 Sep '09 06:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I get a cold or worse everytime I go to a cinema theater. Not been there for years on end except for some plays

I love to watch a movie on my widescreen at my home with my near and dear ones. I can pause it anytime to go to the loo or want a snack or watch scenes over and over again or if I have not understood the conversation.... For me, home is my theater....
I choose a film based upon reviews mostly.
Answered by Satish Kamath, 17 Sep '09 06:04 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

Definitely gone are the days when I, along with many friends, used to enjoy the thrill of a good movie inside a theatre and feeling well supported by the atmosphere even after reading that inevitable `The End` caption on a large screen. I vividly remember our discussion about the movie on our way to home, the songs I murmur on my bike while returning towards homewards and the lingering memories of the story, dialogues, acting, comedies, tragedies and above all the music, all these segments were vital enough to make the watching a particular movie in a theatre as an event to remember even for a next week. I know no medicine fit to diminish the violent assault of television followed by DVD, simply because it is today`s easily available gadget as far as question of entertainment within four walls is concerned. You opted for cozy private living room for the movies, yet nobody seems care to have cozy or private room so far there is ample opportunity to watch his or hers choice of movie. The ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 18 Sep '09 03:59 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I prefer to watch a movie in a theatre only , and i select a movie for the storyline , and specially the music . and also based on the promos shown on T.V. if the movie has a hit factor to it , then i surely make it a point to watch it in a theatre.
Answered by kishoranandvittalmangalore, 18 Sep '09 02:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Only at theatre for a quality sound and picture of corse atmospere and an nice outing with near and dear. sume time with frends .you can totaly involve in . i prefer to c every new movie in theatre with family watever the opinion of the film? some movie at home specialy english and kannada no other choice
Answered by sanjay shenoy, 17 Sep '09 04:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Popular movies normally attract crowds to the theatre.An entertainment movie with humour can be thoroughly enjoyed in a theatre.But to watch an Art move,a serous one ,even a thriller,I prefer to seen late night at home.
Answered by Rachana, 17 Sep '09 04:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

It is matter of self pride that push me from behind to do things which I normally wouldn't have liked to do. In office or in private adda, or in social parties when I see people discussing or asking questions on something which I don't know or never tried to know, it come as shocker. So next day I would have to give a fitting reply or comment. Bring the CD/DVD and watch it like a book. If you don't follow a particular dialogue RW it but get it. So home computer is much better than theaters. I like serious films more than blatant entertainment stuff. That way I watched David Lynn's "A Passage to India" Steven Spielberg's "Schilndler's List" and now it has become favourite way. First it was urgency then passion. But these days, there is not enough time for watching movies either. So I need to be selective. From the Feedback in the newspapers film pages to gossips, the films are shortlisted and watched by me so that when the results of the annual film competitions are declared nobody ca ...more
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 17 Sep '09 04:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I would prefer to watch a movie at home in my private cozy living room, devoid of noise and distractions...; plus, i can have a cup of tea whenever i wish........; well, while choosing a movie i would always see what the theme of the movie is and who has directed it.........., other things don't matter much for me..........
Answered by minati vishwakarma, 17 Sep '09 04:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I would prefer to watch it in the movie theatre because then only we can enjoy the movie to the full with its big screen, stereophonic effects and all. At home the screen is too small and there are constant disturbances that break your concentration.As for choosing a movie I do prefer watching movies of mt favourite stars and good music is an added bonus. But I am game for watching any god movie which has been acclaimed by all.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 17 Sep '09 03:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

I watch it at home. Basically for three reasons.
1. Can't get to see Hindi movies in theatres. :-)
2. In English movies, the choices are limited.
3. Now basically I am used to watching these movies at home.

Selection of movies
1. Fame definitely plays a very big role. For example, I can see Transporter-4 also without any problem, coz I know what I am gonna see in that movie.
2. Actors and directors certainly have a roles - Basically with actors and directors + a little bit of prior information/ review, you are quite confident, what you can expect out of that movie. So there is usually no disappointment (Unless it's Drona or Kidnap)
Answered by manish varma, 17 Sep '09 02:16 pm

(1)
 (0)