Q.

My fridge is pathetic in making ice - and I frequently run out of ice cubes. With high temperatures and no rains, my husband and kids keep demanding cold drinks with ice. I am even planning to buy a new refrigerator, and would welcome suggestions in this regard.

Tags: money, science, environment
Asked by Nitish Gupta, 29 Aug '12 02:40 pm

1.

It may happen due to various reasons - maybe the compressor is not working properly and therefore not cooling enough. Another reason may be the cooling loss due to frequent opening of the fridge. Also, the older fridge models don't have enough ice capacity - just a couple of trays. As a solution, you may consider the new Side by Side range of LG refrigerators - which is an elegant answer to all the above problems. For example, the ice maker is mounted on the door - with a separate ice bucket, where you can store ice cubes as they form. And forming ice is very quick and easy with the express freezing option. To prevent cooling loss due to frequent opening, you can explore the Wonder Door range of LG - which provides a separate section with an independent door - where you can keep frequently accessed drinks and snacks.
Answered by SUBHAN ATTAR, 30 Aug '12 10:58 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Adjust regulator,
get the :-
gas
air leakage
checked
Answered by Om Shrivastava, 29 Aug '12 03:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Call your service guy & ask him to check the gas in the compresssor & ensure 2 more things: 1. dont open the door frequently & check whether door is shut properly. if these dont work, time for a new one & if you can manage, but twin door one as then the entire fridge is not exposed to outside climate.
Answered by canaqa, 29 Aug '12 02:43 pm

(0)
 (0)