Q.

We all have Choices.Giving up so many things which we enjoyed doing or wanted to do,for thrill or Fun.Even trading a job we love but pays less for the one which makes us miserable but pays well or Giving up our fav.fast food altogether(As per our spouse's wish) or Any Adventurous activity because now we have Responsibilities,Have to take good care of our family & Want to provide the best for them.

But dont you think its a bit too much price that we pay to Fit in & for being judged by the society (The self claimed jury)?Do you think this is a good Bargain/Choice? Would you call this living

Tags: responsibilities, relationships, careers
Asked by Rohit Soni, 10 Jun '10 12:23 pm

1.

Sai Ram. There are no choices. The apparent choices are how destiny drives you (and me and all others) towards our destinations.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 14 Sep '10 02:24 am

(0)
 (0)

2.

Sir , It is another beautiful question though apparently looks a light question but I presume it is a serious question in fact .The answer to this question can be given in few lines : If a fool lives to eat and a wise man eats to live, then a believer lives to worship God Almighty .
But that needs some explanation : Well, why are we here? To amass fame and fortune? To make music and babies? To be the richest man or woman in the graveyard for, as we are jokingly told, "He who dies with the most toys wins?"

No, there must be more to life than that, so let's think about this. To begin with, look around you. Unless you live in a cave, you are surrounded by things we humans have made with our own hands. Now, why did we make those things? The answer, of course, is that we make things to perform some specific function for us. In short, we make things to serve us. So, by extension, why did God make us, if not to serve Him?

Answered by salmanfarsi, 10 Jun '10 10:31 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Yes, always I shall call it living, am living in Paradise ! If we are civilised and live in a civilised Society, what's wrong in it to abide by certain rules and also to be governed by certain laws ! You are saying of some activities which I was used to. No I do not repent for that. Once I was used to it, I liked itbut my age is incresed, my physic is detoriated and I have entered in a new contract already to look after my better half and children. I have to do my duties. I'm morally bound to do my duty.Considering my physic, my present health, if I have to give up my certain likings, I do not find any problem in it even if my spouse advised me to do so. It does not decrease my independency, rather in my opinion, it gives me immense pleasure and satisfaction. In conclusion, I simply add that if my companions can forego some of their habits and wants, why myself should repent for my old glorious days !! No brother, I am happy without any complaint whatsoever. Regards.
Answered by ashis, 13 Jun '10 03:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

This is false prestige and EGO why we should fall prey to the societies style:Even Dowry menace linked to `false prestige' If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up::Self-importance is man's greatest enemy. What weakens him is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of his fellow men. Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended by something or someone: An excellent question you posed sorry in haste I have not come up to your expectation; Regards jameel
Answered by jameel ahmed, 11 Jun '10 07:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

My policy is....where my will there i will........once it is decided, never think for money.....but i spend money by count.............
Answered by pradeep mishra, 10 Jun '10 09:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Do you have any option. Those who have options, avail the same ! Rest crib !
Answered by nkpathak, 10 Jun '10 03:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Definitely not. It is my life and it is my wish as to how I should live, of course abiding by the laws of the land and Gods defined rules. I simply dont care what others think of me and my family as long as I am going to conduct myself appropriately. Life is to live as it has to be.
Answered by iqbal ahmed, 10 Jun '10 02:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Life is an adjustment u do some adjustments knowingly some unknowingly.
Answered by yashashri tawde, 10 Jun '10 12:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Yes
u r right
Answered by anil garg, 10 Jul '10 05:41 pm

(0)
 (0)