Q.

One in two Indians lie about pay package. We at HR check all the details regarding last salary earned, qualifications, experience and two to three references which is given on bio data as we do not rely on the information given as sometimes its true n sometimes its not. If at al we hired a person and he/she is found guilty of lying about information we have the right to terminate and their names are stored in a red report to ensure they are not hired again. Their All India Red Report for 2009 indicates that 50% lied about their salary and designation, 40 % about tenure and place of employment

Tags: travel, careers, education
Asked by cyrus irani, 29 Oct '09 04:30 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Let us also try to understand the other side of the coin. Every person, who wants to change his job, wants to do so because he wants to come up in life in terms of salary as well as designation. But most of the recruiters want to give him a salary based on his old one. Rather they should based it on the usefulness which the person will bring to them, once he joins.
I will illustrate this with example. Suppose I am working as a sub-sectional head at present and, through my intelligence, hard work, iniiative, enterprise and experience, have aquired the skills, qualifications and ability to handle the job of a departmental head. When I apply to a new company for the post of HOD, they test me in every manner and find me suitable for it. But (in majority of cases) they would tell me, "Since you are only a sub-sectional head, we will take you as a sectional head and not a HOD." So would you blame me, if I pad up my resume a little bit, in order to get the position I deserve and am qualifie ...more
Answered by Vikram, 29 Oct '09 06:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Cyrus, I respect ur dilligence sir. But if u caught someone, the chance is, they're a newbie 2 fraudulence. A old hand using false bio data is pretty attrocious & near impossible to catch. HEy in real lif, my biodata don't matter much 2 me, since I'm self biz (smaller than corporate salary by far but A-OK lol).

BUT if I was applying to ur company...and I was getting 10,000 Rs, and if I wanted 50k INR out of u, and decided fraud was the way 2 go, I'd buddy up as much as possible /w the HR heads in my first Co., and have it preplanned... I'd rep up not by doing a good project or a powerpoint, or completing stuff on time, but finding a weakness out of the 3 W's (wine, women, wealth) and using it on him to get a grip. Then what I dictate is what gets written, and u can do all the verifications u want, unless u are REALLY going to call up the CEO/ or the GM. Who'd probably be getting their 6'0'clocks grilled over 1001 project nights most likely.

Answered by A Moin, 29 Oct '09 09:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It only showsthe extent to which the malaise has spread.make money anyhow seems to be the motto.can you please tell us who maintains the red report and how is it updated.may be all other HR's ill pay something to get such a report and thus reduce the risk of recruitments under false pretensions
Answered by krishnan, 29 Oct '09 04:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Men lie about salary and woman about age in public. Lying offcially in black and white must b definetly a crime if proven.
Answered by Chinna, 29 Oct '09 04:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Of course premature demise of ethics in Indians !!!!
Answered by UNNIKRISHNA RAMAN, 29 Oct '09 04:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The great indian mentality
they do not realize they will be caught
Answered by anil garg, 28 Dec '09 09:23 pm

(0)
 (0)