Q.

"Patriotism" is a virtue. However thinking deeply it may be the cause for some deterrent to world peace. Do you agree or disagree?Give your reasons.

Tags: environment, give, patriotism
Asked by Josna, 03 Feb '10 11:25 am

1.

You are going to accuse me of being Chairman Mao here, so might as well shoot me :)

There are literally 2 spheres on the political front- not communism or capitalism but the extreme RIGHT and the extreme LEFT. If u go towards the extreme right, u have notions of patriotism derived out of past cultural or racial glory. Patriotism stemming from these influences are more dangerous than sniffing 2 kilos of crack in 1 go. Example of right wing patriotism is:

"We are glorious! Oh our Germanic ancestors conquered all of Europe and were known for their chivalry!"
"We had such a glorious past under such glorious kings such as Ashoka and Chandergupta! The whole world bowd to us under those glorious times etc etc..."

Such instances of Cultural Patriotism stemming out of right wing thought....ALWAYS enforces xenophobia, paving way for hatred amongst people....let's complete the sentence above comrade....

Answered by A Moin, 03 Feb '10 08:41 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Because there is no example I can think off where Hindus are being subject to outright destruction like Palestenians in Gaza. Where in any country, do..more

Answered by A Moin