Q.

How far do you agree with the recent statement of Vinita Bali, MD, Britannia " ?

""The most important person behind a career woman is not a man. It is the maid".

No hard punches please. CATEGORY of Qn. is ENTERTAINMENT.

Please come out with some light hearted answers.

Asked by Omega, 20 Mar '09 10:20 pm

1.

When the MD, Britannia says this, it shows she certainly has a good maid, one who has helped her achieve her goals !! Men will encourage you to "go for it" but how many of them will get up at the crack of dawn to make a cup of tea for the woman or a glass of lime juice, cook breakfast and look after the house during the day while the woman is out pursuing her career? It's the maid who sees to it that the household is running smoothly, takes the dog out when the woman is tied up in meetings or feeds the cats and generally keeps things in order. And they don't drink up all the whiskey....another point in favor of the maid !!
Answered by nargis bhambi, 22 Mar '09 02:11 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

As you have said light hearted answers - Pelase take my following answers lighted hearted jokingly only

1. Even some husbands think so. How??? Well you can ask the husbands. :-)
2. Once a junior asked his working mother - Do god go to heaven feet first?
Surprised mother asked junior, what kind of absurd question is this, why?
Junior - Don't get me wrong - Maid was trying to go to heaven last afternoon before your coming, and she would have surely gone.
Mother - How do you know
Junior - There she was, lying on the bed, shouting - Oh God, I am coming with her feet up in the air and she surely would ahve gone, if dad did not press her down.
:-)
Answered by manish varma, 23 Mar '09 06:17 am

(3)
 (2)
3.

Couldn't agree MORE....MANY of the women i know have a group set aside in their contacts of their mobile which comprises the maid, automan (for children's school), plumber,etc and that GROUP is named INDISPENSABLES.....When a call is made to the maid the lady puts on her best voice (best smile if a video phone)....maid is never the recipient of the mistress' mood swings and for her its always the exception rather than the rule. After all its the maid who opens the gateway to heaven (read office) and gives freedom from hell (read confines of house)......whatever the maid does or doesn't do....as long as she comes every morning its a JAI HO
Answered by Lion Heart, 22 Mar '09 10:54 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Only a woman wud understand the importance of a maid and this profound statement coming from the MD of Brittania shows that she did not become an MD in vain :) A woman can rule the corporate world but her home will definitely be ruled by Kantabais of this world..
Answered by sumitha, 21 Mar '09 01:04 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

"The most important person behind a career woman is not a man. It is the maid". Let me simplify above statement today's people are busier than ever specially with a career conscious women ..her responsibilities and main issues must be solve to stay in charm and a successful career like normal housekeeping tasks vacuuming, laundry, dish washing, scrubbing floors and cleaning the bathroom...some will even pick up extra chores like watching the kids and cooking.all above assignment forces to hire a maid and if maid perform all chores women get extra time to think about their career.
Answered by himanshu sharma, 25 Mar '09 12:12 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

I agree with you even beyond 100% Sir. It's right and indeed, eternal truth. While there remains an woman behind a successful man, there is every possibility and so it is fact that a maid could be there behind a successful woman. But your question put me into a dilemma even ! What happend to those children of that particular maid who remains behind the successful woman !!! :-)
Answered by ashis, 23 Mar '09 01:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I agree to disagree . At least , not in India . Real career women in India are very few . And if you go through The Voyage to Excellence,
The Ascent of 21 Women Leaders of India Inc. by N.R. Narayana Murthy And Anu Aga, their portraits reveal their values, goals and achievements only, not of maids.Individually , most of them are really loving wives and grateful to their hubbies for their unstinted support and most of them are great moms too.
Maid can make house in order but cant make the home . I strongly feel this statement is just out of some instant emotion , otherwise her own words in INTODAY published on 0ctober 2008, her Mantra for maintaining work-life balance: Look at work as life and vice-versa. And her favorite life-after-work activity tells : Spending time with my husband, Working out and listening to Indian and western classical music. Its no difference from either of our working wives. They also are career women , may be not at that height of Vinita Bali in the eye ...more
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 23 Mar '09 11:44 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

I can't imagine about the feelings of her husband..... must be a poor man!!!!!!

Well, I don't see anything wrong in what she says. Going the same way, I'd say that behind the success of a career man (especially those belonging to the corporate world) it's not a woman. It is the BUSINESS JOURNALS they read or most possibly the SENSEX. :))))))
Answered by prashant sharma, 21 Mar '09 03:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I totally agree with this Sir. The maid is important for man & Children too. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Answered by peekay first, 21 Mar '09 10:00 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Even i agree with her because i am so much dependent upn maid.If she is there i can concentrate in my work otherwise il will go on thinking about my mother and sons about their food etc
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 21 Mar '09 09:50 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.