Q.

My Corporate Mantra for my HR Divn where in I have given strict order - Executives owe it to the orgn and to their fellow workers not to tolerate non-performing individuals in important jobs. Do you think as a Dy.HR (Head) am I strict to achieve what company pays them for?

Tags: money, careers, education
Asked by cyrus irani, 02 Sep '09 07:23 pm

1.

You are just perfect and those actions shud be taken for govt also. you are setting a bench mark in your sector sir.
Answered by madhavi, 02 Sep '09 08:12 pm

(1)
 (1)
2.

In an organization every position is important. In case a particular position is not important then the position itself gets redundant. A redundant position need not have any employee working at it. So your Mantra becomes simpler if you just state - Non performing individuals have no place in the organization. In your Mantra in the present form you are conveying that only in Important position non performers will not be tolerated but they still have a place in the organization in so called non important area. Non performers are like parasite. They not only piggy back on the performers for their survival but also demoralize the persons in the organization with their gossips and loose talks. Like weeds in the garden, non performers needs to be thrown out and have no place either in important jobs or in so called non important jobs.
Answered by Shyam, 03 Sep '09 11:32 am

(1)
 (1)
3.

These days the management rules are different. What you talk about is administration i.e. working under the rule of stick. But management means one has to make his subordinates capable and willing to work for the goals of the organisation. We have to provide trainings - behavioural as well as functional so that they become non-performing to performing individuals. If we fail, we need not blame only them. It is easy to ask for good performance but better to know why some do not perform and work on them. By the way I am senior specialist in a Public sector hospital and MBA (Hosp. Mangt.). The NTPC culture is different.
Answered by sunil sharma, 02 Sep '09 09:34 pm

(1)
 (1)
4.

Yes,you are right , even myself inculcated in the minds of my junior executives that they should follow up discipline, quality performance and productivity . The floor level supervisory personnel easily tolerate lackadaisical attitude of workers and I found them give long rope and compromise indiscipline and non performance with indulgence and simply never report about non performers mostly besides handle disputes in their own style and often meddle in trade union matters in their best known ways ,which would jeopardize human resource management and Industrial relations . The production managers simply try to safeguard their subordinates and try to blame that there no strict disciplinary action taken and erring workers are not suspended or dismissed always try to shift the blame on the H R personnel . I could recall my experience that in one particular department the worker concertedly fail to honor their committed production norms and work assignments for a long period under one pr ...more
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 02 Sep '09 08:17 pm

(1)
 (1)
5.

So, what should we do about it. you are always boasting about your post and your actions, as a hr man this is a wrong thing to do. be more humble. that is a good sign of hr man
Answered by iqbal seth, 02 Sep '09 08:41 pm

(0)
 (1)
6.

Hr are always fickle in mind to instruct and invole into improper action delivery
Answered by kannan mahadevan, 09 Apr '10 03:58 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Hi Mr C. Nifty is trying cross stiff resistance of 5250, one can not give you a perfect view on where this market will head towards. However, if it cr..more

Answered by Sunil Sodegaonkar