Q.

2010/03 : LIFE

A very unenviable task is to be the carrier of a news that could be tragic or sad or bad, like conveying someone is no more or an exam / test / interview result OR a bad incident that might upset the receiver deeply.

Have you ever been in such circumstances, how did you deal with it and how good are you in handling such situations ?

Tags: careers, life, education
Asked by Omega, 04 Mar '10 09:33 pm

1.

Many of my relatives are of the opinion that I am devoid of emotions. Whether it is good or bad, I always feel there is nothing to lament over a permanent loss such as death as we have no power to revive the dead.As such in many times I myself took the job of breaking such news. My cousin brother who is only 4 years older than me met with an accident 2 years ago and was only 30 then. He had phoned me just 5 minutes before the accident from his cell and as such a passer by informed me by seeing last dialed number. The accident place is about 15 km from my shop. His wife is in her 9th month of pregnancy. I have took my car and drove to the accident place only to find him dead.After notifying his father, mother and all I have decided to meet his wife personally and drove her father's house .She received me happily and asked me what shall I drink etc. Her mother was with her. It is a hell of time to break the news. But I have told them that he was involved in an accident and was rushed to ...more
Answered by Josna, 05 Mar '10 01:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

How will it feel for a third person singular number to be the bearer of the news to any girl that her boyfriend is philandering and flirting with other girls under her very nose. Yes...it is heartbreaking news not only for the girl but also the news-bearer...to see the girl die a thousand deaths in those first few seconds...crushed under the thought that she has been decieved till now. Put self in her shoes and feel remorse n pain so searing that only tears come out. The agony that slowly turns to anger and then hatred then a numbness that chills the heart...promising to self that " Never will I believe in Love " ....Yes...the girl will feel this and the newsbearer too.
Answered by sumita ganguly, 05 Mar '10 10:09 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Let me give the material reply first. I consider myself still fortunate not had to do this ever. But, have heard of different tactics. If a family are apprehending a bad news any moment it is easier. The friend and close people get it disclosed by the family doctors. Some people directly disclose it without fumbling. Some peoples' facial expressions are enough to indicate what they have in their store to divulge.

Just cannot resist the wish to tell about a film - "We were soldiers" where Mel Gibson played the lead role of a U.S Army commander of a regiment for Vietnam war. The members of the regiment stayed in a colony. After the departure of the males, there were only young wives and children in the colony. The postman of the local P.O came with bunches of Telegrams from the War Office informing death of the soldiers. One day the Postman came with a couple of telegrams and was searching the address of the recipients. Obviously, he did not meet with nice cooperation. He was ...more
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 04 Mar '10 11:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I think I can not even think
Answered by Motu, 25 Sep 07:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

I can not even think
Answered by anil garg, 16 Oct '10 10:49 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

I am VERY fortunate not to do this yet and I hope I NEVER do....

but I have seen what it does to peep's. In my college days, u know what it is lik to be a biker and a non NSUI left oriented student union member- mainstream social outcast....so u had a fewer lads and lasses. Those were 2 social taboos rite there .

Anyway, one of the boys had a bad run doing a marathon run on Ghats road and went KIA :( The guy was from Rajastan, and one of my comrades who was from there went over there as a news carrier....although college told them etc....

WHen the guy got back, he was a WRECK in 10 day time.

I could never see a "Bixxer" (bike chain bare knuckle boxer) who fought even in hardened shady fight clubs breakdown this badly. He would literally just sort-of hug me and break down ,then vomit, he would NEVER sleep in the night. He'd wake up , scream and just sort of go manic and then break down in front of all of us....

Answered by A Moin, 16 Mar '10 09:01 pm

(0)
 (0)