Q.

Many a times I stammer when i have to call up a new party/person. I am eager to know if there is any tip/technique to tackle such moments. arun.

Tags: moments, times, arun
Asked by Arun Jani, 04 Mar '07 09:51 pm

1.

I hope you are aware that stammering is an obstacle that affects the verbal communication abilities of a significant proportion of the population within our community. Stammering is a communication disorder in which the normal flow of speech is broken by repetitions, prolongations, or abnormal stoppages (no sound or block) of sounds and syllables. A person who stammers may exhibit one of these or a combination of all these characteristics.
There may be unusual facial and body movements, associated with the efforts to speak.
As it is not a disease, so it cannot be treated through medicine.
There are number of sites on google.
I am not a physician, but I have seen that best results are obtained when you are child.
But still you can improve at older age.
Try to speak slowly & make a habit to speak slowly. Find out the words - where you stammer. Find out alternative words.
Continuously make your self aware that Stammering is not a disease
Answered by PANIWALA A, 05 Mar '07 12:03 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Well stammering comes when u try to speak very fast ....so from next time try speaking slow n u can find the difference.
Answered by Ashwin Srinivas, 04 Mar '07 10:00 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

In addition to what PANIWALA and ASHWIN had just said I would add alittle to it, its so that when you want to express yourself before unknown persons you like to express as if you are not devoid of any ability its so by virtue of excitement, so keep yourself calm and talk to others in a very slow pace and develop such a practice in a few days you would be able to do so, whereafter you would notice that your disorder is gradually overcome. I am sure of it.
Answered by AVIDIT, 10 Sep '09 10:01 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Rehearse first..js practise t conversation u mite hav wt tht person twice-thrice on ur own...thn call..an dn worry..even t best of speakers stammer on t phone...aftr yrs of practice too..so js relax..its a common problem
Answered by sonam bhagat, 04 Mar '07 11:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Hi A Jani,
I advise you to be pleasant and practice the following autosuggestion sincerely to rid of your problem:
1." I am relaxed: I whole heartedly welcome the minor speech irregularity and I have no concerns about it.
2. "I know pretty well that many eminent intellectuals had speech disorders like stammer: As compared to theirs, mine is a non-issue.
3. "I am relaxed: I have no concerns about my speech: I welcome my style of communication: I have no concerns.
To practice auto suggestion, sit down in a comfortable posture, take long deep breathing, relax and repeat the sentences quoted.
Answered by P K Narayanan, 14 Sep '09 01:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Dear sir,
Have you speech problem? TUTLANA HAKLANA
stammering ,stuttering , speech therapy defective speech ? for detail ,Please visit my site or send email
suraj stammering cure centre
near baba talab maihar distt. satna .M.P India ph 07674234392 mob 9300273703 website www.stammeringlife.com

E-mail stammeringsociety@yahoo.com ,
For FREE REGISTRATION Please visit my site
Please feel free to contact us incase you have any further queries or suggestions.
Answered by DrBKsingh, 07 Dec '07 08:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Have you speech problem ? TUTLANA HAKLANA
suraj stammering cure centre
near baba talab maihar distt. satna .M.P India
1- E-mail stammeringsociety@rediffmail.com , mobile-09300273703 website http://www.sanyogmatrimony.com

Answered by aarti gupta, 28 Oct '07 08:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Don't worry arun that is the first thing i can tell you.I myself do stammer.Remember if you think about what people in the whole world think then that's problem.Just relax,speak slowly and at times when you are having a huge trouble.STOP.Take a deep breath and start again.If the other person hangs up the phone tell him in your mind HAVE A NICE DAY.When out in the bus or asking for a ticket maybe you would have problems,keep a writing pad and a pen in the pocket.Write down and ask for whatever you want.Develope conifidence and see the world changing.All the best.
Answered by manoj dalal, 05 Mar '07 10:43 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

Be confident in what you are speaking.. an then im sure you wont stammer
Answered by Puneet Khurana, 04 Mar '07 10:20 pm

(0)
 (0)