Q.

Friday, November 28th 2008, 9:04 PM

Datta/Reuters

Das/AP

WASHINGTON - Indian officials defended their response to the Mumbai massacre Friday as the world watched them struggle through what some U.S. experts considered a Munich moment.

"Our operations had to be deliberate and slow because the life of the hostages and innocent residents in the [Taj Mahal] hotel was of great importance to us," Indian Army Lt. Gen. N. Thamburaj said. "I have especially told the commandos who are taking part not to rush things."

But just as German officials blew the 1972 Olympics hostage crisi

Asked by ajith nair, 02 Dec '08 05:15 pm

1.

This was one of the most professionally executed COIN operations I've seen in my whole life. Why should we "defend" our response when we executed it so professionally & w/ such precision? If this was a COIN operation in another country, the Taj, Oberoi Trident would've been gutted to the ground and hostage kills would've been much higher. The US itself is not that good in counterterrorism- more than 100 Americans were detained by Ayatollah Khomeini and the US couldn't mount a rescue operation & had to wait 4 the Iranians to release them.

Foriegn countries sometimes need to be shown the middle finger.
Answered by A Moin, 02 Dec '08 06:42 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

He will definitely go to USA. Yesterday's terrorist attack, as I see may be on account of retaliation to what has taken place in pak border by US sold..more