Q.

I was a working woman not long ago but had to leave job on account of the children's sickness but sometimes I feel that I also have a career and should go ahead it with. Now I have once again decided to try for job and am in the process of hiring a full time maid who can take care of my children whenever they are sick. Am I taking the right decision. Pls guide me.

Tags: process, career, job
08 Feb '07 04:36 pm

1.

Best thing is to ask your parents to come and stay , keeping maids is too risky. Unless you known them personally.
Answered by krishnan krishnan, 08 Feb '07 04:52 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Instead of a maid, look if either of your parents can stay with you. If not wait for the child to grow a bit more. During this time do some related course and be ready to take a bigger assignment. By this way you can satisfy all your needs.
Answered by Paulraj Joseph, 08 Feb '07 04:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Yaa You took the right decision. After all parent are the sole responsibile for the childrens' career. So you have that responsibility. Children should not be neglected due to your job. They should not feel your abscence.
Answered by sibasankar nayak, 08 Feb '07 04:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Hi,
I quote some paragrphs from story of Mrs. sudha Narayana - a great lady

It was about creation and distribution of wealth. His dreams were grander than my career plans, in all aspects. So, when I had to choose between Murthy's career and mine, I opted for what I thought was the right choice. We had a home and two little children. Somebody had to take care of it all.
Somebody had to stay behind to create a home base that would be fertile for healthy growth, happiness, and more dreams to dream. I became that somebody willingly.
Then, I realized that to make Infosys a success, one had to give 100 per cent. One had to be focused on it alone, with no other distractions. If the two of us had to give 100 percent to Infosys, what would happen to our home and our children? I opted to be a homemaker; after all, Infosys was Murthy's dream. It was a big sacrifice, but it was one that had to be made. Even today, Murthy says, "Sudha, I stepped on your career to make mine. You are respon ...more
Answered by PANIWALA A, 08 Feb '07 10:08 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

The foremost thing in woman required is that she should be a good homemaker. All other things shall be secondary.A homemaker is a person whose prime o..more