Q.

Believe it or not, Secularism is the only mantra for India which can keep the country together and on the road to progress. Unfortunately those who are against Secularism are just a big drag on India's progress towards becoming a power in the world to reckon with.

Tags: travel, india, education
Asked by QueSera Sera, 21 Apr '10 04:31 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Sai Ram. Yes, but in the name of secularism, a lot of distortions and vote bank politics are going on. That is definitely unifying for the country.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 21 Apr '10 05:48 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

True.We need to present before the world that we r one n only one.But unfortunately some vested interests (both sides) do not want our unity.They want to keep us divided for the purpose of their vested interests.Most of the young people without understanding their ill conceived plan jump to their fold like a muth jumping to the light.It is time,all right minded persons should contribute some thing to create awareness among these mis guided youth.
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 21 Apr '10 04:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Indian Secularism is practised only as a vote bank politics. In Secularism all are equal, but our Politicians think that pampering and appeasement of the minority, to attract their votes, is Secularism. Our Politicians can not deny this.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 21 Apr '10 05:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

What have we got till now by practicing secularism? The Muslims/Christians and all other minorities are operating their shop of religion here and trying to convert Hindus to their religion by any means however illegal or unethical.These communities demand reservation as a right.They live here,earn here, enjoy all facilities here as their birthright but in their hearts they always fully support their own country only.Thousands of temples have been and are being destroyed in Kashmir, but in the name of secularism we take no action.But just one Babri masjid is destroyed and a whole lot of court cases carry on in the courts for so long.
Just see that when you have a guest in your house he has to follow the rules of your house.No doubt we can give him the freedom to follow his own customs etc but not at the cost of harming our own culture.
In my view India should be immediately declared a Hindu country.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 21 Apr '10 05:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

If secularism means that the govt should look after the reserved categories and minorities only, then to hell with such secularism. sc/st/obc/muslims/jaat and so are the only ones reaping the fruits of secularism.
Answered by rajan, 21 Apr '10 04:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The kind of secularism being practised is not good
Answered by RSehgal, 21 Apr '10 04:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

This is one of the many reasons why I chose my socio-economic beliefs, even if I stand MUCH to lose if it becomes a reality. I'm not a suicidal maniac, but then I am so sick and tired of all this communal BS, I am ready to forego my own personal wellbeing, if it can b achieved.

When I join a college in mainstream society, they ask what category of caste I belong to. When I want to marry in mainstream society., they make sure I am of the same religion as the girl....if 2 Indians of diff faiths can't marry then how are a billion of us going to make a unified stand 4 our nation?

I was never a Red to begin with, but after a LOT of souls searching I couldn't personally find any organization in India that is as committed to secularism.

Answered by A Moin, 21 Apr '10 04:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Bilkul ji..agar aapke 100 % musalman,simi wale,indian mujahiddin wale..bharat sarkar ko yakin dila sake ki vey hindustan ke sath hai..to jarur Bjp jaisi secular party piche hat jayenge..mera vada hai..on behalf of bjp..
Answered by Jaijaisriram, 21 Apr '10 04:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Tell me which politician passes on this scale
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 21 Apr '10 05:45 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

As Kanti Bajpai said All fascisms (and other forms of authoritarianism) have operated in the name of the people and have used the sledgehammer of the..more

Answered by Ataur Rahman