Q.

Technology does make our life easy...if so...why do we say that earlier generation had an easy and simple life?

Tags: relationships, education, technology
Asked by sumitha, 27 Jan '10 06:17 pm

1.

My mother used to tell me my grandfather walked 45 miles to reach another village. My grandmother cooked meals on wood. Her eyes used to turn red due to smoke because she had to blow air through a piece of bamboo. While traveling in trains my parents asked me not to read while the train was running because it would spoil my eyes. I remember I stood by neighbor's window to hear music on his radio. During summer, we used to sleep out in the open to escape heat. Compare life today with those time and you will find that the life indeed has been made easy and simple by technology.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 29 Jan '10 06:24 am

(3)
 (0)

2.

My grandmmother and grandfather never saw a train till they were already parents ! They were from same villlage, and my grandmother would walk from her husband's house to her parents house, personally to convey any information as there were no phones/ mobiles. But she would daily meet her parents, as they were in same village.

My wife and I are from same city, never knew each other before marriage, and it takes her nearly 2 hours to go by bus from our house to her parents house - she has to change buses. She uses phone and mobile. She meets her parents probably once a month.

That was before we shifted. Now she has to use a plane and, she meets her parents once in a few years.

Is there a difference between being able to meet your parents daily and meeting them once in a few years ? Yes - the distance, the time, the economics of travel.

Technology is there, but our choices have made life complex.

Answered by miraazh, 28 Jan '10 05:06 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Earlier people did not have much demand
their work and worries were divded
Answered by staasha, 27 Jan '10 06:20 pm

(3)
 (1)
4.

Easy and simple life arises from needs and aspirations. Rewind the clock back, not too long but say even 30 years back. There wasn't any technology existing at that time, in the sense that it went on to become virtually a part and parcel of existence. I think the maximum that we had was a car or scooter, a radio that was so dependent on AIR and Radio Ceylon for any entertainment and TV hadn't even turned colour and the best entertainment if at all you can call that, after chitrahaar were a serials that too which were of poor quality. Even Hum Log, Buniyaat and Fauji serial of Shah Ruh Khan came a few years later, I think the former ones around 1984 and the later one in 1986. Thus we had all the time to ourself. People sat together, mingled with each other, visited places without having to bother about the serial timings. There was greater bonhomie and life wasn't really dull as people think it could have been without all the modern trappings. Atleast, I remember we friends used to sit ...more
Answered by Omega, 28 Jan '10 09:40 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

Besides advancement of technology, as a whole, previous generation have lived more natural, pure, calm peaceful life without stress, competition. But now we are leading happier life in terms of deriving the benefits from advanced technology , which has made life easier from every aspect whether means of transportation or communication ,development in these areas as well as in the other sectors has penetrated only happiness in the life of present generation. Earlier generation , due to lack of such facilities and development used to face a lot of difficulties in their day-today-life , but still they were leading a simple life away from the stress of hectic professional life , the factor which is dominating in present scenario...!
Answered by Dil Se, 29 Jan '10 07:55 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

As there is a saying 'expenses rises to meet income' so I could say about technology. Ambitions rise to meet technology and that explains it all.
Answered by gem mina, 29 Jan '10 04:42 am

(2)
 (0)
7.

U can say that we were idled.Men have become the tools of their tools It is questionable if all the mechanical inventions yet made have lightened the day's toil of any human being.. That is the way it was with the atomic bomb .For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.
Answered by Narayana Raja, 28 Jan '10 07:52 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

Due to their reduced desires
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 27 Jan '10 07:50 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Dear Sumitha,
Good evening.
You would agree that each successive generation has seen the advancement in technology. And each generation has faced the generation gap, in daily life thinking and dogma of how advanced the next generation is. Naturally, it all has happened naturally with inquisitiveness of newer generation as the new generation were exposed to advanced knowledge very early in life, in every generation. Now it is everybody's guess that why do we say that earlier generation had an easy and simple life. Plain and simple: These are the feelings of unread individuals who have not thought of transitions of life. They couldnot identify the changing times of advancements were similar to those of earlier ones.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 27 Jan '10 06:59 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

I thni i was happier when there we no mobile and computers etc. more technology means taking more trouble as to how to use the new technology. for example the PC and mobile become outdated just about six months after you buy a new one. it was better in old days. and i agree we had a more peaceful life even about 30 years back
Answered by iqbal seth, 27 Jan '10 06:41 pm

(2)
 (0)