Q.

What is article356 in Inidan constitution? Do you like this?

Asked by hitler, 02 Dec '09 08:32 pm

1.

I like article 356 but what makes me a bit puzzled is that they're considerin applying it to Bengal over lalgarh violence...but then in Maharashtra & Gujrat, u had large scale ethnic rioting and not even a breath about article 356.

I feel modern Indian govt is simply using article 356 to malign Communist states. I wish & pray I am wrong, but this is the impression I get.
Answered by A Moin, 02 Dec '09 09:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

'Article 356 cannot continue in the present form'
Prakash Karat, Polit Bureau member of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), states that by its very nature Article 356 of the Constitution lends itself to immense misuse. Hence, Karat says, the CPI(M) is of the view that it should be replaced in a suitable manner. In an interview to Venkitesh Ramakrishnan, he explains the reasons for the CPI(M)'s opposition to Article 356 and the party's proposals for replacing it. Excerpts: The question of using Article 356 as an instrument to settle political scores has once again come to the fore with the demand from some of the allies of the BJP to use the provision against their political rivals. How do you look at this?!!gg
Answered by Oberoi, 02 Dec '09 08:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

It is about the power that vests with the Central Government to dismiss any duly elected State Governments on the report of the Governor of the State.

It is a well intended provision of the constitution to keep in check the State Governments in a federal set up in case of breakdown of upholding the constitutional values.

But most often we have seen that Article being used by Governments in power in the Centre to settle score with State Governments ruled by other parties. May be in rare occasions, this Article has been used appropriately.

Good Evening Boss !
Answered by S. Ramesh, 02 Dec '09 08:36 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by ajay