Q.

In our great epics/classics there are many beautiful romantic love stories, for example, Krishna-Rukmini, Arjun-Subhadra, Abhimanyu-Uthara, Ram-Sita, Prithviraj Chauhan-Samyukta, Romeo-Juliet, Majnu-Laila, Dushyanth-Shakuntala, etc. Which is your favorite, why?

Tags: relationships, education, science
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 19 Nov '09 01:42 pm

1.

None of the above -----but SAVITRI and SATYABAN ----their love WAS TESTED BY ALL THE VAGARIES OF LIFE THAT A COMMON SPOUSE ALWAYS FACE
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 19 Nov '09 01:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Honestly, I have only heard these stories and not read. However, of all the love stories that I have come across, I my favorite is that story of O. Henry, where the husbands and wife were undergoing poverty due to come reasons. Husband had a watch with broken strap and wife had long hair and wished a certain hair brooch, which they were not able to afford. On the day of wedding anniversary, wife got the hait cut and sold her hair to the wig-maker. She bought the watch strap for the watch of her husband

On the oher hand, husband sold his watch to buy the hair clip for the wife. That's probably the most touching love story, I have come across
Answered by manish varma, 22 Nov '09 07:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Love is an honest feeling...it has no place of proving anything, its not abt winning or losing, its giving commitment to self, its a kind of numerous battles, in which u r supposed to win each of them even if u lose a few f them...hence I wud go with the romance of Meera wid her Shyam...simply unbelievable....
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 21 Nov '09 11:26 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Muktha ,the Devotion and Longing Prem seen in Meera for her Giridhar Gopal is unmatched. A Poojari gifter her Goplajee's statue when she was a child .She got attracted and got obscessed with this Dulha whom her mother humorously once pointed out . It is believed that she had a vision of her marriage with Giridharjee.This made her a devote to live a life in the name of Giridharjee.Though she was married to Raj Bhoj,it didnt last long as the Prince was short lived.and got killed. This in one way helped her to totally dedicate her life in the name of Giridhar Gopal. After her Fatherin law's death ,Vikrmaditya the next succeessor tried to poison her ,but that Charnamrit didnt affect her.There are many stories in which people tried to end her life .She suffered a very miserable life.Still ,She resisted all wordly temptations and led a life of ideal recluse with supreme celebacy in the name of Giridhar Gopal.It is even believed that she was reincarnation of Radha..This is not a story fro ...more
Answered by Rachana, 19 Nov '09 07:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Radha Krishna is my favourite pair. Their love is pure and immortal.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 19 Nov '09 02:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Ram Sita because I think they were the ideal couple eventhough there are difference of opinion among critics who even doubt the sacred relation of their own father and mother. Vande Mataram
Answered by UNNIKRISHNA RAMAN, 19 Nov '09 01:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

NoN from the above because I have not goan through with complete History about them. But I am seeing a very few of T.V serials and they all seems quite inpired with a little Part of above romantic love stories. U can find which one can be a practical character in present life for one individual . ji jji ji ji !
Answered by Dhuni, 19 Nov '09 02:16 pm

(0)
 (0)