Q.

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana,
Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani
--identify the source and it's meaning?

Tags: karma, sangostva, akarmani
Asked by sudhakar kuruvada, 25 Apr '13 07:50 pm

1.

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana - You have the right to perform your actions, but you are not entitled to the fruits of the actions.
Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani Do not let the fruit be the purpose of your actions, and therefore you wont be attached to not doing your duty.
This message was from the Lord Krishna to Arjun during the Epic War of Mahabhaarat when Arjun was not willing to fight, given that he had opposite of him, all those persons he considers to be his own. Arjun says to Krishna, whats the use of fighting against my own for just a piece of land. What happiness will I get by slaying my dear ones? The ones on the other sides are my own uncle, my cousin. Wont I be committing a sin? What will I get by killing all of them. Instead I would have preferred that they kill me here itself.
Answered by LIPSIKA, 25 Apr '13 07:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Bhagwad geeta

meaning''

Keep on performing your duties without expecting for any reward in return, leading a selfless life this it what it is all about
Answered by rajan, 26 Apr '13 03:29 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Bhagwat geeta
Answered by Quest, 26 Apr '13 11:52 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani "

meaning :-

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of actions

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.

it means: Keep on performing your duties without expecting for any reward in return, leading a selfless life this it what it is all about
Source: google search
Answered by anil garg, 25 Apr '13 08:19 pm

(0)
 (0)