Q.

Novel/story which made a memorable impact on you, which you love to read again

Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 02 Jun '09 04:53 pm

1.

Muktha, though not only because I was a student of English literature, but reading has always been my passion and that too since my school days. I read a lot, may be sometimes, more than necessary, and it is but natural thing that I have before me more than hundred (yes, really!!) novels dancing delightfully and hard to put my finger on a specific one, so as not to give injustice to others. This has always been a tedious job to select one (not only from the world of literature, but virtually with all other forms of fine arts, even a day before you were unable to pick only one song sung by Asha jee as the best one) especially in novel and story sections. Every one possesses a definite longing and I have accumulated tremendous amount of pleasure of reading from each of them.

Answered by Indra Pawar, 03 Jun '09 03:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

I had read this book long back called "We the Living" by Ayn Rand set in communist Russia which had really touched my heart,and I would love to read it again to see if I still feel the same way about it." David Copperfeild"and "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens are all time favourites. As far as adventure is considered nothing beats "Treasure Island" and "Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson. Another favourite is "The Mayor of Casterbridge" by Thomas Hardy. Also loved the books by A.J Cronin, Leon Uris and Wilbur Smith that I have read, and would like to read them again.
Answered by blue ocean, 03 Jun '09 07:36 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Muk ,,,i m a continuous reader and somehow everytime i read a book --i so much own it --i just get lost in it --i start behaving like it ------------
reading The Bridge Across Forever ----how two hearts become one with a continuous search ,,,,,,,,,,,before that Alchemist --------the dream is always here with u ,, u just need to realise it now ,,,, The hungry tide ---love can be with anyone , anywhere ,,,,,,Illusions ---which life is not ,,,,,Jonathan livingston --beauty of heaven on earth -----Veronica decides to die ------live life to full ,,,,,,,,hey yar ----------these are books i read in last some months and they are all vivid in memory ---so close --------------add to these Gandhi ,, Osho,, Ramkrishna, Vivekanand and scriptures and i love all read all , all the time --
Answered by Wife Supreme, 02 Jun '09 09:48 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

I read the Count of Monte cristo repeatedly as I love it the most
Answered by Lakshmi Rajesh, 02 Jun '09 04:55 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

If you ask me, which book did make a memorable impact on you, it is Leon Uris' - The Exodus. The greatest best seller after Gone with the wind. A monumental and moving story of a people who survived inspite of all odds against them from time immemorial. The State of Israel fascinated me from the time I first had an insight into the 1973 war, for the determination, the patriotic spirit and the willingness to do anything to survive. The story of the birth of Israel unfolds with fictional characters and real events in this book. I can read through this book at any time.

Followed by Exodus would be The Haj by the same author.

Answered by Omega, 02 Jun '09 10:02 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I loved reading this passionately romantic novel set in the Yorkshire moors.And I loved the character of Heathcliff because I think his love was spurned by Catherine and he loved her truly.

Another novel is The Class by erich Segal. I loved the character of Jason Gilbert , who later came to know about how the Jews were sacrificing themselves for their identity. He realised that the Atlantic Ocean saved him and later joined them in their struggle.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 03 Jun '09 06:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Kane and abel by jeffrey archer exorcist by william peter blatty carpetbaggers by harold robbins the last frontier by alistair maclean man woman and child by eric segal and then there were none by agatha christie
Answered by shuhaib hameed, 03 Jun '09 04:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Hungry hill book of sic gernertion of a corporate compny of us jsut lik master mind of sidney sheldon
Answered by Dinesh C S, 03 Jun '09 09:49 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

Don Quixote by Cervantes .
Answered by mahesh chandra, 02 Jun '09 09:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Kane and abel
rich men poor men
Answered by anil garg, 25 Dec '09 02:28 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Kalpana Chawla was born in India's Karnal district of Haryana. Her parents had seen great hardships and were in dire straits during partition but had ..more

Answered by PARTHA PATHAK