Q.

'My Name Is Khan' not bringing in the crowds any more says delhi cinema owner.dont you think its overhyped film with poor content?why critics rated it high?

Tags: travel, entertainment, city guide
Asked by vivek singh, 19 Feb '10 08:01 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Well, critics rated it high because these were all paid reviews. All of karan Johar's films are overhyped . And they show show much of excess, that it becomes unbearable . And we have SRK hamming is way to glory.Its not his fault, wenever he acts well , the film is a dud at the box office. People want him to ham, niot act. This time though, i think even KJo expected the film to fail. and thats why such a controversy was created.
Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 19 Feb '10 08:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

So the truth has ultimately -out KJo has delivered the biggest dud of the year. SRK had to court controversy and he did a act which I think he will repent throughout his life. Pune blasts came immedietly after it and the anger of people was entierly justified. After paks hand is evident in the blasts the people have been outraged and the decision to not include pak players has in the hindsight a correct decision.
Answered by Deepak Joshi, 19 Feb '10 09:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Yes you are right, I doubt that the congress men has been instructed to watch the movie
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 19 Feb '10 08:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Highly Disappointing Film.Does not carry any weightage exept the acting of Kajol.
Answered by M Singh, 19 Feb '10 08:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

There was a time when Yusuph Khan became Dilip Kumar because at that time the name Khan never attracts crowd. but now name Khan brings more and more crowd so thought Karan Johar, how wrong he is? even the initial crowd is only because of curisioty generated by Shiva Sene' s opposition to this film In the end only a film of substance will attracts more and more crowd, let the paid media and TV channel can go to......
Answered by SREENIVAS, 19 Feb '10 08:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Absolutely - its a crap - wate of time money and media :(
Answered by conviction, 19 Feb '10 08:02 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Cannot say
movies may do better over a span of time
Answered by anil garg, 24 Feb '10 11:50 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

First off, MNIK is NOT meant for an Indian audience exclusively. It is aimed at a North American audience as well....I encourage u to look at the cover poster. It shows a US flag in the background, w/ the hero and the heroine....most certainly not destined 4 an Indian audience, even it is implied in the movie cover. Just wiki it.

Socially speaking, it received a good critical response because the film DID sort of sensitize the US public about the effects of Indians living in the US and how they got caught in the 9/11 fiasco. I know a Sikh family who was beaten to pulp's end by a gang in Compton after 9/11. Even the US police (LAPD / NYPD was notorious) started calling brown folk as sand nig**rs.

Answered by A Moin, 24 Feb '10 09:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

I think there is no vacations for anyone so that they can't go to watch mynameiskhan.. it was hyped by shivsena not by moviemakers.. its a good movie with good msg.. ya its a bit serious kind of movie but it doesn't mean that its not good movie.. SRK-kajol chemistry is as good as earlier.. & SRK gave one of his best performance of his career..
Answered by bansari khatri, 20 Feb '10 12:57 pm

(0)
 (0)