In pdoduction what is facility layout planning kindky explain in brief
A facility layout is an arrangement of everything needed for production of goods or delivery of services. A facility is an entity that facilitates the performance of any job. It may be a machine tool, a work centre, a manufacturing cell, a machine shop, a department, a warehouse
Plant layout planning includes decisions regarding the physical allocation of the economic activity centers in a facility.
An economic activity center is any entity occupying space.
The objective of plant layout planning is a more effective work flow at the facility, allowing workers and equipment being more productive.
Facility layout techniques apply to the case where several physical means have to be located in a certain area, either industrial processes or services.
The objective of the cha ...more
* Production process routings and flows
* Material Handling methods and equipment requirements
* Product mix and volumes
* Sales growth plans
* Capacity planning and management
* Traffic, aisles and safety requirements
* Special manufacturing process requirements
* Workforce and supervisory requirements ...more