Q.

Very recently, all of a sudden, my internet explorer (version 6) was corrupted. Whenever I try to open the browser it opens up and hangs there. No further movements of the browser. Even to close the browser I have to resort to the task manager and close the browser. Alternately I am using Netscape Navigator. But I need IE web browser to access some particular web pages , lime Reliance Money. I tried to reinstall the IE, but of no avail. Can anybody please help me in this regard?

Asked by chalam mv, 28 Oct '08 10:34 pm

1.

You can access everything IE can access w/ Firefox. And IE is a very buggy browser, and you REALLY should NOT be using that to browse the world wide web, unless u're running virtual machine.
Answered by A Moin, 30 Oct '08 03:04 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Krishnan has given you good advice but with a catch. Since your IE is not working downloading a new software is not possible. Suggest the following steps. 1. Check your PC for viruses. Do not use the antivirus program in your computer; use a fresh from CD. 2. If virus found, you will have to reformat your hard disk and install all applications again. 3. If there is no virus and the system checks OK instal a fresh IE or Firefox from CD. IE7 is now available for free download. Best of luck.
Answered by Soumendra Dey, 30 Oct '08 10:29 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Download the latest version of IE and try to install.
Answered by krishnan loganathan, 29 Oct '08 10:38 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Aftewr sorting out the problem as suggested by RameshK get spyware terminator installed.This problem crops up when somebdy tries to hack you account.
Answered by indrajeet, 29 Oct '08 12:36 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

Goto run cmd ... type "regedit" ... search for "internet explorer" and delete the selected keys for every search(F3) ... then download a fresh copy of IE8 from "filehippo.com" and install it ... problem solved ... if not replay me for another solln ...
Answered by RAMESH K, 28 Oct '08 11:47 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Download the latest version of IE 7 from download.com
Answered by ARUNKUMAR KARUA, 28 Oct '08 10:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

For the time being, install some other browser like Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. I have used the first two and these can open all pages that can be opened in IE.
Answered by Biswaroop Ghosh, 28 Oct '08 10:36 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Brick or break?..more

Answered by dare devil