Q.

Is repentance sufficient to overcome the guilt of a wrong done? A wrong which harmed the other sufficiently to leave a scathing mark,for good or rather bad?

Tags: relationships, education, entertainment
Asked by shintsie, 28 Aug '09 09:11 pm

1.

All along my past life ....what I have done wrong to any one ?
Fortunately nothing done anything like that to others.....Really helped some for my satisfactin.
The greatest wrong is failed in exams by wasting hard earned money of Dad.
No repentance sufficient to overcome the guilt of such a wrong done.
It harmed the welfare of my family and left a scathing mark badly.
Upto my retirement I got no promotion in my Job.
Nothing will set right things for the past wrongs SS...!!!
Answered by anantharaman, 28 Aug '09 09:20 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

An admission of guilt can never be sufficient to overcome the guilt of a wrong done. What is done is done that can never be made undone. If I hurt some one, I cant heal that internal wound by an attempt to make restitution for the wrong.

As an atonement a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense again in life can relieve the sinner.
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 29 Aug '09 01:04 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

To err is human, to forgive is divine. Mistakes can be of many types, those done knowingly - to hurt or to take revenge upon - or unknowingly. In any case if the person is sincerely feeling guilty of his mistake and apologizes for that, I think he deserves a pardon. Though the deep hurt cannot be healed by a mere apology/repentance. But the souls involved will get peace by forgiving. What is the use of keeping ill feelings ?
But sometimes the mistake done may not be reversible, then there won't be much left to forgive. We need a big heart to forgive in such cases. Smt Sonia Gandhi had forgiven Nalini (terrorist who was in the team who assassinated Rajiv Gandhi) and supported her kid to get good education. Forgiving a terrorist who killed her husband and destroying the happiness in her life is something great.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 04 Sep '09 06:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Real repentence is basically a pure fire which burns the impurities of the soul and makes it glow like gold to corruscate the vitues of a person . Repentence is a powerful pilot of every body"s conscience and points to our wrong doings immediately .Had there been no repentence we would not have with us the bandit RATNAKAR as HRISHI VALMIKI and the greatest of all the greats EMPEROR ASHOKA in the history of mankind
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 29 Aug '09 10:47 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

People with conscience never fully overcome the guilt & pain associated with any wrong done ... most of the time it gets reduced by what is considered "sufficient" repentance or sincere pardon.

People without any conscience don't face any remorse, burden or guilt at all.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 28 Aug '09 10:08 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

Unless along with the repentance the wrong doer vows not to repeat the mistake and also does something to undo the harm caused by his wrong,I do not think the repentance has any meaning. It is also said ' Sorry does not make a dead man alive."
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 28 Aug '09 09:51 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

No not at all. Just a lame excuse or just for satisfying ourselves.
Error is an error and we have to face the consequences/
Answered by hitler, 28 Aug '09 09:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

A wrong done to other might heal with time but the scar would remain. Nothing can erase it whatever may happen. The person who has done harm too might repent for what he did but it would never wash away the sense of guilt.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 30 Aug '09 06:11 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Not at all...repentence is a punishment one gives thousand times to itself during the tenure of one's own life...otherwise u cant heal all the wounds..and this kind of wrongs are one of such wounds...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 29 Aug '09 10:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Repentence uis very good provided rtaght in future such mitake is not repeated
Answered by Dinesh C S, 29 Aug '09 01:46 pm

(1)
 (0)