Q.

Is pine apple an anti oxidant ?

Tags: food, health, environment
Asked by ankit shivam, 22 Feb 12:11 pm

1.

Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C, a very powerful anti-oxidant. Vitamin C is essential for proper immune function and pineapple has it in plenty.
Answered by Francisco, 22 Feb 12:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

One of the greatest claims to fame of the Eclectus parrot is EATING! No one has ever accused Eclectus of being finicky eaters. In fact, were it not for their penchant for fruits and veggies, and their love of any and all fibrous foods, I think they would have the obesity problems that other big eaters like Amazons sometimes have. Of course, if we fed them a high-fat diet, I'm sure that they could become overweight but most of the owners of Eclectus that I know are very conscientious about feeding the proper diet.",

I have found that my Eclectus will eat almost anything but they also have definite favorite foods. Their all-time favorite is POMEGRANATE. This seedy fruit is loaded with nutrients and is considered to be an anti-viral food. I only wish that they could have them year-round but unfortunately, they are seasonal. They also love SEEDED GRAPES. There was a time when I believed that grape seeds may be a no-no, in spite of the fact that my birds always dug into the grape and ate ...more
Answered by Mickey, 22 Feb 12:11 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

Bromelain, which is a natural antioxidant, is present in pineapple juice and when it is used in conjunction with turmeric it is even more effective. This combination can work even better than NSAIDs and steroids.
Answered by GOPI KUMAR, 22 Feb 04:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Of course yes
Answered by iqbal seth, 22 Feb 03:39 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Yes
Answered by Manju Sikri, 22 Feb 03:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes it is an anti oxidant
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 22 Feb 12:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Antioxidant Protection and Immune Support

Vitamin C is the body's primary water-soluble antioxidant, defending all aqueous areas of the body against free radicals that attack and damage normal cells. Free radicals have been shown to promote the artery plaque build-up of atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease, cause the airway spasm that leads to asthma attacks, damage the cells of the colon so they become colon cancer cells, and contribute to the joint pain and disability seen in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This would explain why diets rich in vitamin C have been shown to be useful for preventing or reducing the severity of all of these conditions. In addition, vitamin C is vital for the proper function of the immune system, making it a nutrient to turn to for the prevention of recurrent ear infections, colds, and flu.

Manganese and Thiamin (Vitamin B1) for Energy Production and Antioxidant Defenses

Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 23 Feb 03:32 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Oh! Yes
Answered by Sagnik Biswas, 22 Feb 04:09 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

I have found that my Eclectus will eat almost anything but they also have definite favorite foods. Their all-time favorite is POMEGRANATE. This seedy fruit is loaded with nutrients and is considered to be an anti-viral food. I only wish that they could have them year-round but unfortunately, they are seasonal. They also love SEEDED GRAPES. There was a time when I believed that grape seeds may be a no-no, in spite of the fact that my birds always dug into the grape and ate
Answered by Karan, 22 Feb 12:14 pm

(0)
 (0)