Q.

It is said that old soldiers never die, they just fade away. One hardly knew that Russy K Karanjia, the father of investigate journalism in India, was living until the news of his death appeared! He exposed many scandals and scams, yet commanded respect from the powerful in the land. It used to be said that his national correspondents were in the Cabinet and his foreign representatives in India's diplomatic missions abroad. The National Press Association should institute an award in his name to promote investigative journalism. Comment??

Tags: india, father, name
Asked by cyrus irani, 03 Feb '08 05:16 pm

1.

You are right. He was one of the best in his field if not the best. If I remember correctlyfrom my childhood days, he was the editor of 'Blitz'. Is it still in circulation?
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 03 Feb '08 05:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Yes. I agree.He is the Unsung Hero..
Answered by Ismail Sayyed, 03 Feb '08 05:18 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

India is a vast country, with variety of cultures, disciplines, idealogy etc..India is sixty now..We started in 1947 from a well laid down public ad..more

Answered by bharat kumar