Q.

Do you agree with the statement "the strongest link between man and God is FAITH"?

I agree with this for the reason that, unless we have faith, we cannot believe or accept the fact that God does exist.

Your views or take on this. Thanks.

Asked by Omega, 01 Feb '09 01:07 pm

1.

The link between man & god is FAITH
Interesting Conversation between an atheist professor and a student.
An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty. The link between man & god is FAITH.
He asks one of his new Muslim students to stand and..
Professor: You are a Muslim, arent you, son?
Student : Yes, sir.
Prof: So you believe in God?
Student : Absolutely, sir.
Prof: Is God good?
Answered by Jack Johnson, 03 Feb '09 04:21 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

Very true......i will take it a little further and say that FAITH is as powerful a force as God himself.......i had taught my niece, at a very tender age, that reciting the gayatri mantra ALWAYS helped one in times of dificulty.......i wanted her to hold on to some kind of faith to combat her illogical fears.......once she and i were walking thru a deserted street at night when a stray dog began following us.......she began reciting the mantr and the dog (by sheer chance) stopped following us.....her eyes lit up as she "discovered" for herself the efficacy of the mantra......even today she strongly believes that the mantra helps her in times of crisis and this is making her a bold woman........faith, as i see it, is God's avatar on earth and the lucky ones who have it are truly blessed
Answered by Lion Heart, 02 Feb '09 02:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Aquiring right faith is the key . Even Satan believes that God exists but he has no faith due to his arrogance .Have you ever thought about the possibility that while you are asleep a sudden earthquake could raze your home, your office, and your city to the ground and that in a few seconds you could lose everything of the world you possess?

Have you ever thought of how your life passes away very quickly, and that you will grow old and become weak, and slowly lose your beauty, health and strength?

Have you ever thought about how one day you will find the angels of death appointed by God before you and that you will then leave this world?

Well, have you ever thought about why people are so attached to a world from which they will soon depart when what they basically need is to strive for the hereafter?

Answered by funda, 01 Feb '09 02:25 pm

(4)
 (0)
4.

I would like to go with brilliant answer of funda, with small addition. The strongest link between God an man is Right Faith. Blind faith will remain week as it is based on falls Gods. And everything which is falls has to be vanished. Truth and right thing only will remain forever.
Answered by fast tracker, 01 Feb '09 04:37 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

We should believe God for all good reasons . That is faith . The following are the three main items of belief in order to make faith sound:

1st Belief in God, the Supreme, the Almighty,
2nd Belief in the Divine Judgement on that promised day,
and belief in life beyond this life of the world,
3rd To act righteously

Acting righteously is in regard to God, may His Majesty be exalted, who has rights upon us and it is in regard to other people, but is also righteous action for - or against - ourselves, which is - surprisingly as surprisingly as it may seem - no children's play at all, when one keeps in mind the nature of the human soul .
"A person may do something either for his ego's pleasure or for his Lord's pleasure. There is not a third factor. No! You may act either for Your Lord's pleasure - trying to make your Lord pleased with you; or you are trying to make your ego pleased with you.
There is no third factor, no. Either right or left.
Answered by misconception, 03 Feb '09 12:45 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

I dont know what I was------ before my birth
But I am born-----
I dont know where I will be -----on my end
But I will end ------

In between I am living
Who am I ?
What am I ?
Where am I ? (In the body)
Answered by anantharaman, 02 Feb '09 06:18 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Agreed. It is only a faith that one believes that God took birth on the earth as in Hindu religion or God personally sent the messenger and talked with their people like Noah as in Christianity.
Answered by manish varma, 04 Feb '09 12:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Faith or beilef is deep rooted with in us which makes us believe that God is there he is supreme without him nothing can happen..Yes unless we have faith we cannot think that God exists...(some years back we were trekking in the mani karan- a place near kulu-manali...and suddenly land slide started..and for a moment we all thought we would be gone...then ..suddenly somebody from the otherside of pathajhad-pathway said..ki ..there is a deviated road where we took to that..then reached the safe area stopped , stayed in a safe area all were safe but while we were walking all the time we were singing bhajans, of all kinds sai, meera and so on...so when we forgo our bad times we ..think, pray more ..and finally feel good when we see all in good condition.)..many times incidents like these makes us feel that God definately exists he watches..and ..always protects..all ..
Answered by sarya mitra, 02 Feb '09 05:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

You are absolutely right sir. Faith is God. Whatever it may be the faith.
Answered by peekay first, 02 Feb '09 11:00 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

In the beginning when I was a kid, the link were my parents and grandparents, my real Gurus who introduced me to the divine almighty..... worshiping the almighty has become a practice. Now since the question is different, I asked myself why I still worship him and what make me to worship him. I guess its the faith only as you have stated in the question which holds me to believe him.My faith in god give me confidence & strength to face all the difficulties in my life and my belief makes me not to do anything bad. It may seem like the effect of that old practice of believing him, those values deeply ingrained by my parents but its not true. I pray to him for my personal reasons without any demands. I don't care if my wishes are not coming true, I can't blame him because it was the result of my effortlessness. I pray to him because it calms my mind giving that much needed peace. Questioning his presence is such a thing which I can't do. When things continue to go wrong with me for long ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 01 Feb '09 08:36 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

n I've been through so much in my life. Raised myself because all my parents ever did was take care of me financially. They abused me physically & ..more

Answered by Mickey