Q.

Hypothetical Question - You are very good friends with a person with a male id in Q&A... u interact almost daily for more than a year ....one day u realise that the person is not male but a female...how will u react? Can u forgive the deception?

Asked by sumitha, 09 Jul '09 01:43 pm

1.

It happened with me. A person with a female suddenly started interacting with me. The acting was impeccable and I never thought for a moment it was not a female. Then suddenly I came across a mail which mentioned that so on so person is masquerading as a female. I wasn't shocked and surprised because I knew such things happen on such social networking sites. I still did not confront him but carried on as usual waiting for him to admit and then one day he admitted. After knowing his identity I learned him more and found him to be a good person and he was doing it just for the hack of it and not to draw any malicious pleasure out of it. I forgave him and we ever since are good friends. You also happen to know him, he is from your part of the country. Now guess who?
Answered by Jack Johnson, 10 Jul '09 09:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

No I could not forgive the deception - I would feel duped and manipulated. I would also be digusted with the person who could perpetuate such a deception. However, I would like to think that my common sense would prevent me from ever getting into such a situation !
Answered by Janis, 10 Jul '09 09:24 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

Madam Sumitha, Let me give a converstion that I had with my friend after seeing Amitabh - Rani's "Black" . Have you seen that film? It was such a great creation of SLB with Amitabh, Rani Mukherjee and the baby Rani. After seeing the film, my friend argued to himself - such distortion is not acceptable. When I said - why? He said - Did Helen Keller had someone like Amitabh Bachchan in her life? I said - perhaps not, He said - No, there was no such character in her life. A little after that, he corrected himself - sorry, my ire is misplaced. The director never said, he was showing the life of Great Helen Keller. So why I am being angry with him. I have seen a film named "Black" and that was really good.
When the virtual world is not based on truthfulness about some aspects of personal identity it may be a disappointment but not so much to upset me. We are enjoying the the film "Black" not the life of Helen Keller.
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 14 Jul '09 04:00 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

I have been screaming from the roof top not to get flattered or flabbergasted with whatever good or bad experience you get here in this forum vis a vis relationships. . This is a virtual forum in that not only is it virtual but everyone hides behind their ID. Compliments or otherwise I take it with a pinch of salt. Anyway whatever interaction one has here it should be on a neutral basis and it should not have any gender attached to it. One can interact splendidly on topics regardless of the gender. I would advise everyone here not to build castles in the air unless you have seen that person, heard that person's voice etc. If anyone has categorically mentioned the gender and then you find out the truth you have to walk out permanently as such people are dangers to society.
Answered by gem mina, 09 Jul '09 05:43 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

First I thank my stars, I am only 4 months old- so not affected party!
Log kehte he ki, ladkiya
Zindagi hoti hai,
Maut nahi!
Magar wo log yeh nahi
Jante dhoka bhi,
Zindagi deti hai,
Maut nahi!
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 09 Jul '09 02:03 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

I would not forgive the gender deception, unless it was my fault to "assume". Gender deception is bad, particularly, when you are interacting with some person for one year. That means the other person went on believing you and you keep on deceiving in the name of friendship.
Answered by manish varma, 17 Jul '09 02:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

This is only a virtual world and if the parameters of the interaction are left only to the virtual world, it shouldn't matter much as our involvement is restricted to asking questions or answering them. As long as the interaction is left to that much only, I don't think it will matter much, because the defining aspect of the relationship is only limited to the quality of answers that each one appreciates about each other.

In any case, there are some who are already on it and have been for a long time in both the gender Ids. I think we should actually acclaim their dexterity in switching from one Id to another gender Id with such ease and even exhibit that excellence in answering a question from the respective gender angle.

Answered by Omega, 15 Jul '09 06:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

That's why I'm having more than one ID.....:--)))
I don't take much serious about that.
If you declare you are not Sumiths ,really you are Subramani.....What I feel....?
LIGE IS GAME OF FUN....:-)0
Answered by anantharaman, 15 Jul '09 06:00 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

If that person is only a friend means sharing friendly matters then no problem at all for me.
y not defenitly i will ..................
bcos that person wish to enjoy the beauty of hiding certain things for few days, if he/she got enough happiness due to that game then i must proud of that person atleast that way i help him to enjoy in this world:)
Answered by SubhaGanesh, 14 Jul '09 10:22 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Sumitha jee

ke frak parta hai.... Arj kya hai...

Lamhe ye Suhane saath ho na ho,
Kal me aaj jaisi koi baat ho na ho,
Aapki dosti hamesha is DIL me rahegi,
Chahe kabhi mulakat ho na ho...

with regard
rajkisna
Answered by raj kisna, 12 Jul '09 09:10 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

If she confessed, I think I would give her a second chance. I'd be wary, but I'd give her another go. If she didn't care about you, she wouldn't hav..more

Answered by Mickey