Q.

Is it a fact that our police force does not get any kudos for doing good but is pulled down for small mistakes?

Tags: science, small mistakes, police force
Asked by Damodar Biswal, 14 Apr '10 07:15 pm

1.

With police it cant be otherwise, for the society fears them.....not just the wrong doers, but others too. Because the structure of our police is basically that of a gang of goons controlled a few mighty persons. And they have always served their masters far more than the people whom they are supposed to serve ! Earlier its was their English masters and feudal lords, now the politicians, rich and the mafias !
Answered by Shunmugham, 14 Apr '10 08:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Unless 'carrot and stick' policy is exercised they won't straighten their tails.
Answered by Sridhar, 14 Apr '10 07:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

The force is itself to blame for the poor image it has in the public eyes.
Answered by Whizkid, 14 Apr '10 07:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes its true,but human rights violations are maximum done by police only.moreover high level of corruption in police makes things worse for them.
Answered by rajesh, 14 Apr '10 07:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Yes
Answered by anil garg, 21 Apr '12 12:28 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

That is because the number of "good acts" pales in comparison to the number of attrocities they commit against the people they are supposed to defend. Nowadays even if workers badly need money, they don't want to work overtime esp in late nite shifts because they fear harassment from police. Not from NAxalites or from the CHinese Army spies or from goonda's but from police.

I do know of some exemplary officer. I can think of 1 who was close to my family...who were offered coveted posting in Coimbatore but then rejected it and chose to side w/ villagers who are having an issue w/ wild animals attacks and forest poacher harassments. He got KIA as he tried rescuing a child who was attacked by a wild animal.

Answered by A Moin, 02 May '10 10:23 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by anup roy