Q.

Do you favour, our spending huge amount of money on Commonwealth Games ?

Tags: money, games, commonwealth games
Asked by kishore malhotra, 01 Aug '10 12:14 pm

1.

Absolutely No.

Let us produce quality atheletes and sports persons by providing them all encouragements with the money that we spend on creating and conducting this extravaganza.

These events are bid and won and are conducted basically to butter the egos of some people who are in power. We all know what goes behing the screens in this spending.
Answered by S. Ramesh, 01 Aug '10 12:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

What is termed as common wealth games, when it gets hosted in India -, the common tag gets dropped and it becomes a wealth game. It is the game that politicians and business people play at the cost of common man to acquire wealth. I am not in favor of a this wealth game which goes in the name of common wealth games. However I don't mind when it gets hosted by some other country where its government treats it as an sporting event and not a wealth generating event for its politicians. The good thing about commonwealth games is that competition is limited. Unlike events like Asian games or Olympics, countries like China, Japan, South Korea, US, etc do not participate in the common wealth games. Even countries like England or Australia send only their B team and the games provide an opportunity for country like India to win a few medals. Commonwealth Games are ok if it is held in some other country but I am not in favor of it being held in India.
Answered by Shyam, 02 Aug '10 11:38 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Now there is no going back.
It is like a famous dialogue from Sholay, 'bol diya toh dekh lenge'.
Once committed means we will carry forward even if it completely drain our treasure.
Jai Hind.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 02 Aug '10 07:05 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Basically I am against the Commonwealth concept which is headed by the Queen of Britain, Which I don't find very glorious for Free India. As per Wikipedia, The Commonwealth Games, the Commonwealth's most visible activity, are a product of one of these organisations. These organisations strengthen the shared culture of the Commonwealth, which extends through common sports, literary heritage, and political and legal practices. Due to this, Commonwealth countries are not considered to be "foreign" to one another.

Now tell me, we look down upon Australia as the former penal colony of England. Queen of England is also queen of Australia till now. It is Australia's business what kind of ties they like to keep with England. But as a citizen of free India, I don;'t like to be identified with any kind of colonial British connection.

Answered by soumyen sarkar, 01 Aug '10 10:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

We have to.. National pride is challenged in every field. even in games. We must participate with full force.. May be we are poor in playing skills, but the show must go on.
Answered by subhash, 01 Aug '10 10:15 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

No other alternative but to save prestige but even with money work of high quality can not be completed.
Answered by Ramesh Agarwal, 01 Aug '10 12:47 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I am dead against it yahan logon ke paas khane ko nahi hai yahan unko apne prestige kee padi hai utne paise main development karo na paisa khila ke common wealth host karane kee kya zaroorat hai
Answered by krish, 01 Aug '10 12:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes indias prestige issue outside world
Answered by mohd basheer, 01 Aug '10 12:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I favor Commomwealth Games...
But due to Unability of managing the games our govt. crossing the budget many times...
I suggest that the games shoud be organised in small city like Jaipur,chandigarh,lucknow so that the money spent on the developing city roads etc will be good for the small city..
Answered by jaideep vaishnav, 01 Aug '10 12:21 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

No the money could have been spent for some productive purpose or atleast for the poor
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 01 Aug '10 12:15 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Rubbish! When small teams like Cameroon, Senegal etc could make it to qualify for WC without even 1/10th of money of Indian team, I never understood w..more