Q.

I appreciate the action taken by the Election Commission against Varun Gandhi for his hate speech. I praise specially the process and quickness for taking the decision on the condemnable speech delivered by Mr. Varun Gandhi. I am fully confident that in the similar way and unbiased way election commission will punish several others against whom complaints have been lodged at different places in the country.

I express pleasure that the BJP spontaneously after the allegation of hate speech against Varun has dissociated itself from Varun and now in view of advice given by the Election Commissi

Asked by Danendra Jain, 23 Mar '09 06:04 am

1.

The EC HAS ACTED IN UNDUE HASTE IN THE CASE.
WHERE WAS THE NEED TO GO IN FOR HASTY DECISION WITHOUT APPLYING THE TIME FRAMES PROVIDED BY LAW?
HOW CAN THE EC ACT LIKE A KING OF A KINGDOM?
WAS VARUN ALLOWED TO DEFEND HIS CASE GIVING TIME TO SPELL OUT WHY HE DID IT?
See, the terrorist attack might be in his mind against the muslim attack from Gazni to kASAB I.E FROM TIME IMMEMORIAL TO RECENT TIMES.
May be he thought that Raj politicks of mumbai could fetch him early recoginition.
May be he has ideologies of his father Sanjay.
But then democratic policies were overlooked in his case by the EC.
Answered by victor, 23 Mar '09 09:48 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

This decision is possible because of Mr. Navin Chawla,E.C., and Ms. Sonia Gandhi.- Do you get me ?
Answered by radhakrishnan, 23 Mar '09 06:40 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

We can not appreciate the EC for this single act, may be due to political pressure , i even doubt the rationale of the recognition of its constitutional standing by the recent interference by the president and the consideration and courtesy shown to the CHIEF ELECTION COMMISSIONER ,regarding the credibility of Mr.Navin Chawla ,I feel that the EC is not an independent constitutional institution.
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 23 Mar '09 07:23 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

People like you support terrorist sanjay dutt.after all he helped dawood so he is secular
Answered by advaita, 23 Mar '09 12:06 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

First let me say the election was very much about race. It was also about gender. This was about breaking away from the old business as usual politics..more

Answered by Mickey