Q.

Does Unconditionally Believing & Acting in Accordance with what ever our Holy Books say,,Just because its been firmly seeded in our minds from the very beginning that they are unimpeachable & Its a sin to repudiate them,,Makes a person Religious & prudent?

Tags: books, makes, accordance
Asked by Rohit Soni, 07 Jun '10 01:06 pm

1.

Dear Rohitji, My holy book of Lord Zarthustra says its a sin to believe in other religion and also to do fasting. But here I am I believe in all religion as my heart says we all are children of god and after we die we will all be going to same place. Department of religion is made by our own human beings as I dont think any religion teaches bad things like killing is gud of another human being. Its a man made religion and their beliefs and it is passed on by them for the younger generation to follow. Yes I do fasting of Lord Shiva and I bring Lord Ganesha every year. Its a very interesting thing here I would like to mention - in my previous corporate sector I had a colleague who was a priest and he use to always tell me that I am committing a sin by fasting and bringing Lord Ganesha but my answer was "Yes if I am committing sin, fine but I cannot leave the belief I have in my heart. So I believe all religions are same. Regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 07 Jun '10 04:46 pm

(2)
 (0)

2.

Hello Dear Rohit .Please to see you after a long time ;) Well this is very interesting question indeed ..
I would rather advocate and say that beleifs based on reasons being sound and leading to firm conviction and faith with hope ......... Without firm convictions of beleifs , Execution will fail in face of troubles leading us to relax ,dilute or re-assign beleifs .
Sound Beliefs can not be formed based on myths or conjectures or limited human faculty due to limitations of seeing within time and space ..... any such Beliefs will falter due to changing SCENERIO due to factor of time or changing environment and mankind give it name like reform or upgradation to please themselves .........This is causing disbeleif or Leads us to beleiving our own compulsions or convenience -- hence never firm but changing and changing - leading to disbeleifs of what earlier was coined a beleif
Here I would like to make few Pionts
Answered by commonman, 08 Jun '10 10:28 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Just remember, belief can be belied, so seek knowledge ! People who know the truth will not resort to violence, including all efforts in conversion, coercion, etc. It is the ignorant who attempt all this.
Seek the Truth and thou shall be amply rewarded ! Do not worry about hell or sin or such things.
Answered by Jayaraman V, 09 Jun '10 02:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Dear Sir ,,I am relieved and glad to see you after a long time ..Since Question is on Scriptures and I follow and beleive Quran , so allow me to present answer from Quran to your question . Quran offers so many proofs and challenges for it being from God but since it is question on blind beleif v/s sound beleif . I will answer to that question
Islam is not a religion of blind faith but is a religion that strongly calls on man to use his logic, reasoning and intellect. Allah in the Quran stresses the importance for people to think, to reason and to use their mind and intellect. The word mind or reasoning is mentioned 49 times in the Quran (in Arabic Taqiloon 24 times, Yaqiloon 22 times, and Aqal, Naqil and Yaqil one time each). Also Allah refers to people of understanding 16 times in the Quran (in Arabic Ulu Al-AlBab or Uli Al-Albab). Allah also refers to those of intelligence two times in Chapter 20 by the Arabic term Uli Al-Nuha. Allah also refers in many chapters in the Quran to t ...more
Answered by salmanfarsi, 07 Jun '10 09:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I beg to differ. All our holy books teach and show us the correct way to live. None of our holy books compel things which are not right and which definitely lead us to any sort of trouble. If you read them you can find that there are no compulsions on any one point.
Answered by iqbal ahmed, 07 Jun '10 02:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

No,not any more
we hardly get to read the holy books anymore
we get religion knowledge from what we hear
Answered by anil garg, 09 Dec '11 11:01 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

Trust and understanding is a must in all religions and world revolve around that for years
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 11 Jul '10 02:56 pm

(0)
 (0)