Q.

On this Teachers day, just try to remember about your favourite teacher in school or college and Share it with we Rediff friends.What was the speciality in that person which made him/her so special and unique, memorable teacher in your Life.

Tags: money, relationships, life
Asked by Rachana, 05 Sep '09 02:10 pm

1.

Mother Lucy who taught us English and Mother John Baptist who taught us European history. They were special because in those days sans the net and TV they still managed to bring in front of us a beautiful picture of England and the times of the Bard and Dickens.. both Dickens and Shakespeare ( in the original and not in the watered down version) were part of the curriculum . It was difficult to transport us into that milieu because none of us had been to Britain till that time.
Same was for history. The French Revolution, Industrial revolution, Renaissance and Reformation, Unification of Italy and Germany , the Weimar republic plus the two World Wars were alien topics for us Lucknow girls. But still they managed to explain them so well with the help of pictures , maps and books without making the subject sound boring at all. I can never forget them and the way they taught us with dedication and devotion.
Answered by joyoti sen, 05 Sep '09 09:11 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

Wow !! What a timely question and very relevant too in these days when we do feel there seems a dire need to establish Gurukul system one more time as we are surely drifting away from the sage like persons especially due to this fast paced era of electronics. I know my college going cousins (of both sexes) who are brilliant in their respected curriculum, no doubt, but what I detect very much in their attitude is the lack of attachment with their teachers. May be because they belong to professional courses and therefore quite possible that there may not be a certain rapport between two parties which I know I had with my teachers.

Answered by Indra Pawar, 05 Sep '09 07:45 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

I remember and salute my Maths teacher of the school. He is a retiree re-employed and older than the Head Master(Those days). One day Maths sir, has to go urgently to an outstation directly from school- as I was living nearby his house, he asked me to leave his cycle at his home. I obeyed him sincerely and left the cycle in his house. The house is about 1.5 Km away from school. His wife asked me while leaving the cycle at his home, whether I know how to cycle. I told her "Yes". Then during the next day, in Maths class, Sir asked me," If I know cycling why did I push the cycle all the way from school to his house?". I replied, "How can I ride the Master's cycle?". Without any hesitation in front of complete class, Sir embraced and kissed me o my cheeks. I remember even to-day. That is why I also support my present logo--Ram, Hanumaan embrace.... Thanks Rachana - tears were rolling from my eyes when i was answering...
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 05 Sep '09 05:17 pm

(5)
 (0)
4.

In School it was Barde Madam , who had so good approach to the subjects and towards student , she was always encouraging , she was our English madam, today whatever confidence i have in my english is all attributed to her, i wish her a happy teachers day.

In College , during B.A. Economics it was our Economic sir , i am not remembering his name at present but i remember his face very nicely, he taught us very nicely , just one day before our exams he gave us a tip, "when you answer any question , give it in point format and then explain those points , even if you dont get the explanation , the examiner will assess your points that you mentioned in your answer., this tip gave me my first class in BA.Eco for the first time in my life, i wish him a Happy Teachers Day

Answered by kishoranandvittalmangalore, 05 Sep '09 05:14 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

On this eve, I remember my father who was not father but a good teacher for me. He always encouraged me a lot to do something different to held the esteem of my clan high in the sky. He helped me in every home work , made me understand what I did not know .
His encourage has lead me to a good qualified person . I owe him a lot.
He is my father, The Father and Teacher too.
Answered by ajay, 05 Sep '09 04:29 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

My favourite teacher in school was my Maths teacher Mrs. George. Maths was my favourite subject in school and I was lucky to have her as a teacher from Class VI to Class X. Her way of teaching made me love this subject tremendously.She was a sincere, kind and understanding teacher. My greetings to her on the occasion of Teacher's Day.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 05 Sep '09 03:49 pm

(3)
 (0)
7.

For me two persons come into my mind, whenever I remember about my favorite teachers.
One is my language teacher Sister Michael, who took classes as if she was one among us. Each class was a new experience of us, a new world. She will make the arrangements such that we feel like we are actually going through each and every phase, scene depicted in that lesson. We experienced the thrill, the emotion, the feel of each character. She used to make me recite each poem in rhythm so that we never faced trouble in remembering it by heart. She got a special capability to sense our problems. Once she told us to write the most important worry in our life, in a piece of paper along with our names and give it to her privately. We all did. Later each day she spent in making us understand that our worry is nothing when compared to others' worry, without even making us realize that she was working on our problems. My worry was I was a bit short. She asked me to sit in the last row, and it was a diff ...more
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 06 Sep '09 07:28 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

There are several who come in that category but one particular teacher who was in charge of social activities which covered dramatics and such relaxing subjects. I liked acting and reciting and one particular choral recitation that she taught us is still vivid in my memory which I will share with you here:

Whether the weather be fine,

Or whether the weather be not,

Whether the weather be cold,

Or whether the weather be hot,
Answered by gem mina, 05 Sep '09 02:24 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

My Maternal untie as class teacher, My Mousi as School Warden, My Mamoo as Administrator and my Mother as Correspondent. .... all-in-one....... ( all students from our family... was a gurukul setting in the family home in an african country).
Answered by bharati sharma, 05 Sep '09 02:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Teacher is like a candle who burns himself from both sides to give light to us ... I am a lifelong student . still learning from any teacher who can enlighten me ... it may be you also... wish all teachers a happy teachers day ..
A teacher is like Spring,
Who nurtures new green sprouts,
Encourages and leads them,
Whenever they have doubts.

A teacher is like Summer,
Whose sunny temperament
Makes studying a pleasure,
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 05 Sep '09 02:13 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Metropolis is a silent science fiction film created by the famed Austrian-German director Fritz Lang. It was produced in Germany in the Babelsberg Stu..more

Answered by jameel ahmed