Q.

Which magazine is your favourite? since how long have you been reading it? what exactly do you look for in a magazine?

Asked by shintsie, 17 Feb '09 06:26 pm

1.

Actually there were two magazines that were my favourites. I don't read them now because one of them is not available in Mumbai and the other one is now defunct.
You may not have heard of them because one of them is a Bengali children's magazine called Shuktara ( translated it means Evening Star) and the other one was called Junior Statesman or JS.
I loved them both for different reasons.
Shuktara was entertaining and informative and helped me learn Bengali. I read it from 7 years to 15 years.
JS was a mag for teenagers and it was issued when I had just entered my teens and stopped publication when i was in my early twenties. It really helped us teens to bond with our peer group those days plus keeping us abreast of all the things teenagers like to groove about those days.
Answered by joyoti sen, 18 Feb '09 08:31 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Amongst Indian mags it is The Week. Otherwise it is National Geographic
Answered by Saj Sierra, 18 Feb '09 08:58 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

Undoubtedly NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Magazine. May be there are many other magazines too, but their preference starts with Number Two position only. Millions all over the world are in love with this Magazine and that from the very first issue published in 1888, almost 120 years ago. The splendid coverage of the happenings at geographical level of our dear planet is a thing to watch and read. I simply can`t subscribe to this Magazine as it has staggering fee per year, almost Rs.3500/- which is certainly out of my income limit; yet the university library has been providing facility of reading this valuable account of ups and downs in shaping up the Earth. Not only for the spectacular quality of pictures, but I have been reading and enjoying those topics one cannot even imagined for. I became addicted, yes I repeat, addicted to the magazine from the very first year of my entry into college education and surprisingly enough I came into contact with this Magazine almost accidently in the Library ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 17 Feb '09 08:45 pm

(3)
 (1)
4.

I cannot pinpoint a single magazine but I have a lot of favourites.They are
1. Readers's Digest- The all in one magazine. I have been reading it since my teen age years.
2. Good Housekeeping- A complete woman's magazine. I have been reading it since 2005.
3.Prevention-Gives good information about health and fitness and I am very interested in topics related to health.I have been reading it since 2005.
4.India Today-My favourite magazine rtelated to current affairs.I preferred it more before when it was a monthly magazine. I have been reading it since my teen age years.
5. Sports World/Sports Star/Sportsweek- Because of my interest in sports (I am a sportsfan not a sports person). I have been reading them since my teen age years.I don't think Sportsweek is in circulation now.
6. Filmfare-The only film magazine with authentic information. I have been reading it since my teen age years.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 18 Feb '09 01:07 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

"Readers' Digest" without a doubt....I have been reading this ever since i can remember.....my house is stacked with old issues to which i get back time and again.....basically i want a good magazine to deal with issues concerning humanity, fiction, true stories to inspire us, health-related tips and updates, quizzes to keep our grey cells working, vocabulary-related articles and, of course, something to guffaw about......i also like mags which welcome contributions from readers
Answered by Lion Heart, 18 Feb '09 12:04 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

I don't read magazines anymore. But at different time periods in my life, I was regular subscriber to follwoign magazines
1. Target (I think tehy stopped it now. It was for children/teenagers from the house of Living Media) - Child time time-pass, fun
2. Competition Master - I was into Quizzes, so liked to keep myself updated with GK
3. Reader's Digest - Spiritual/Artistic/ Mind Nourishment
4. Business World (From Anand Bazaar Patrika group) - Keep updated with business world and new business techniques
5. Business Today - Same as Business World, but found it to be a better alternative.
The last one was Business Today. Stopped subscription around ten years back. Since then, magazine reading has gone down except for some occasional buy at railway news stands.
Answered by manish varma, 18 Feb '09 11:27 am

(2)
 (0)
7.

Readers Digest.
Answered by gem mina, 18 Feb '09 06:29 am

(2)
 (0)
8.

I have been reading political and current affairs based weekly magazines, namely India Today, The Frontline, Time Asia and Outlook since I was 13-14 years of age. The two most common likes in all these magazines are Letters to the editor and cover story sections. Beside these, I love Art and science section of Time so much.The political analysis of Frontline is probably the best in India.
Apart from these magazines, I'm in love with The Economist and Business Today too. But the tag of Favorite magazine suits to Readers Digest.Have been scanning this very magazine ever since I was just ten and now it has become a part of my life like this QnA forum.I love every section and everything about RD.RD challenge, living, health, humor and story sent by readers are just too good to keep your eyes glued :))
Answered by prashant sharma, 17 Feb '09 08:49 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

India today , 20 years , reports
Answered by alok khatore, 17 Feb '09 06:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

My reading habits started from my very young age. I used to buy all the magazines published in Tamil during those days for reading. Slowly the habit has been narrowed down to two or three Tamil magazines now. In English, I read Reader's Digest regularly and some weeklies here and there.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 18 Feb '09 01:23 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

If u want to pursue computers and IT, you have some certified computer courses offering institutes which good brand name and good quality computer edu..more

Answered by Bala Krishna