Q.

Do I have to apply to Non IIM colleges like S.P. Jain before declration of CAT score

Tags: s.p. jain, non iim colleges, declration of cat score
Asked by Rahul, 19 Nov '07 02:01 am

1.

Not because CAT is all uncertain
Answered by ajay shukla, 19 Nov '07 08:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Hi Rahul,
Yes you have to apply to the Non IIM colleges like SP Jain before the declaration if the CAT score. Each university has set a last date for applications. For example, this year the last date of submission of SP Jain form is November 30 while the scores will be declared only in January.
Answered by poonam harshad raichura, 20 Nov '07 04:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

depends on you if u are confident enough that u will be able to get into the IIM's then u need not. but i will suggest that you should apply as nobody knows the future what will happen.
Answered by Abinash sahoo, 20 Nov '07 12:50 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

You can even apply to newer colleges like Zensar Center for Business Innovation (ZCBI), Pune www(dot)zcbi(dot)org . It is a nice college with solid corporate backup.
Answered by Rahul Arora, 05 Dec '07 05:21 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Hi Rahul. U hv 2 apply 2 non IIMs differently. The CAT form u filled in makes u eligible only for IIMs. The particular institute u shd apply will depend on the simulated CATs u appeared for and the scores u got in the same. I mean, say for example, ur score in SIMULATED TESTS was somewhere near 95s u shd apply for A+ instis like S.P. Jain if ur score was 90-95 u shd apply to TAPMI, NIRMA score below tht I think u shd think twice to get in a B-School.
Normally, the deadlines for the form purchases is b4 the CAT score is out. So depending on the score u got in SIMULATED tests apply for a b-school.
Answered by Pranav, 20 Nov '07 04:59 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

In today's competitive world and with the IIM and CAT related insititute seats limited , it will be prudent if you apply to non IIM colleges esp the good ones, appear as early as possible for the written and subsequent exam and when the result is out you should be able to weigh your pros and cons.
Pls bear in mind that no institute will be able to give you a placement if you do not have the good tuff in you after selection
Answered by alok anand, 21 Nov '07 06:18 am

(0)
 (0)
7.

Dear Friend,
Just to share my experience while I appeared for CAT 2 years ago. I had joined professional tutorials for CAT preparation,there in all india tests I always used to get percentiles ranging from 90 to 92. There I got fair idea of my abilities and then since last date of submission of forms for many colleges was earlier than CAT score declaration, I filled only those forms wherein I could get call withing 85 to 95 percentile, so filled forms like LBS,Nirma,Somaiya and Tapmi and ignored ones like SP Jain and MDI. In CAT, as expected I got 91 percentile and got call from all colleges. So all depends on how much you think you can score in CAT (it is not difficult to get rough idea), and then fill forms but if last date for submission is later than CAT score declaration, you can safely wait for CAT score, and for it you should check MBA college websites.
Answered by Ankit, 01 Dec '07 02:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

No
Answered by bhalchandra tamhankar, 10 Dec '07 12:48 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Hey Rahul,
Yes, you have to apply for these institutes before declaration of CAT scores.
These institutes have their own deadlines, which wont wait until you get CAT scores.
And if, by chance, you score a decent percentile, you may find yourself studying in on of these institutes. You surely wont like missing that chance. So dont miss applying for them either.
Best of Luck.
Answered by Chaitanya H, 30 Nov '07 02:25 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

if you are confident that you will get a good cat score, you can apply. u will have to enter the cat registration number, and once the cat result is declared, ur scores will be sent to that institute.
Answered by sandeep, 08 Dec '07 02:17 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Please Read:Lose weight. Become more fit. Have more energy for life Generally fat does not accumulate easily because we burn around 70% to 80% of ener..more

Answered by manoj bohare