Q.

What is the most Awe inspiring Book/movie/person or song you have come across?

Tags: music, book, entertainment
Asked by nikita, 01 Jan '10 06:26 pm

1.

Miss Nikita > For the very first time I am here on your page answering to that question which bears those elements that always invite attention of knowledge seekers. Before answering, I must congratulate you that you used the noun `Book` in the process, instead of a novel. I say so, because if it was `A novel`, then there is no alternative before answerers but to go for that category only, where as `Book` can invite attention to many avenues; and thats the main reason for me to catch this thread and entering into your yard. So, let me put aside idea of mentioning any novel to answer you, but here before me one such book that has its own mark of inspiration on the shaping up of think tank of every educated generation irrespective of religion, nationality, caste, creed, place or status of living, throughout the world >> and that book is none other than ``Aesop`s Fables`` -- my candidate for this question, Nikita. (I wish you rather had added `Why` tag to this otherwise excellent question ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 03 Jan '10 09:49 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Most Inspiring book = "You can win" by Shiv Khera
Most Inspiring Movie = "Akele Hum Akele Tum"
Most Inspiring person = Sachin Tendulkar (In spite of so meny world records to his credits he never shows any sign of ego)
Most Inspiring Song = Kabhi Palkon mein ansoo hai, Kabhi lab pe sikayat hai, Magar aie zindagi phir bhi, mujhe tumse Muhabbat hai.........in the voice of KishoreDaa.
Answered by Pradipta pati, 08 Jan '10 12:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

1. Books
1.1. Fiction - The Picture of Dorian Gray (Because of its philosophy on Narcissistic behavior)
1.2 Non-fiction - Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Read it to believe it - it changes the way a normal middle class peson thinks about money)
2. Movie - Lord of The Rings Trilogy (Your criterion is "Awe-inspiring" and there this one is the spectacular)
3. Person - Prefer to keep silent
4. Song - Beerdo duji thaali ka (From Gulaal - You simply feel astonished at the lyrics of Piyush Mishra, when he writes - Jaise bina baat Afghanistan ka baj gaya bhaiya band") - Again, it's not the favorite one, but the one, which simply awes one.
Answered by manish varma, 04 Jan '10 04:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Although most can't be 2 but too books are my real passion which are my Bible or Gita , whatever you may call it.............

SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE BY STEPHEN COVEY AND HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY DALE CARNEGIE
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 04 Jan '10 03:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I personally, never liked reading books or novels etc. Whenever I started to read something, a few pages, and i was off .... Once I was at a cousin's marriage, there i saw his father (my uncle) reading this book *Who stole the American Dream* .... the name attracted me, and i started reading, thinking, that a few pages, and i will keep it back again (as always) .... but that was not the case, and as i have mentioned it here, the rest is history .... no idea where this book stands in ratings etc., but surely, one which caught my attention, and loved to read it. Mind you, its the only book I purchased (for my own self) to read.

Answered by Cartoon Network, 03 Jan '10 04:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Nikita, as u have used the word "inspiring" , I wud like to select that way...
1. Book: A book by Daniell Steel , where three sister were seperated when they were small kids inluding an infant baby due to expiry of their both parents....after 2 decades, the eldeest sister decided to search the other two and to have a re-union of all three of them....the way she seemed to be determined and the way she tried wid so much pain n agony as only she , was carrying the pain of losing the closed ones....bcoz the others were too small to remember ......I was impressed. (not remembering the name of book presently, shall let u know later)2. Movie: Trishul (Starring Big-B, Sanjeev Kumar, Shasi Kapoor, Rakhi, Hema Malini ) bcoz, from this movie, the saying "Nothing is impossible, if and only if u have d required dedication" started looking true...of course barring few exception...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 02 Jan '10 07:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Hi,

Inspiring Book : Mahabhagwat. The logic and reason explained behind every cause.

Movie : Parineeta, Paa, Arth, Erin BrocKovich Fight of woman aginst odds in life.

Person : Shabana Azmi, Vidya balan , Julia Roberts. Feminity , brilliant acting

Song : Phir chiddi raat baat phoolon ki ,A song which speaks about flowers only.
Answered by Rachana, 02 Jan '10 05:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Book: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I first read it when I was in Class IX . A chapter from this classic was in our English course book . It was when Mr Earnshaw brings Heathcliff home. The gripping story of love, revenge and passion, the characters, the location in the Yorkshire moors had me hooked to this for life.
Movie: Titanic. It deserves the conic status is has. A brilliantly made movie with great picturisation, sound and music, the poignant love story of Jack and Rose add to make this movie a truly memorable and heartfelt viewing.
Person: Sachin Tendulkar. Even though I have not met him in real life, his success story is like a fairy tale. He is truly a legend.
Song : Cannot list one. There are several. Being a born romantic only songs of this genre are coming to my mind now.
Tum bin jaaoon kahan from Pyar Ka Mausam
Dil kya kare from Julie(Old)
My heart will go on ..Celine Dion...Titanic
Careless Whisper...Wham
Last Christmas...Wham
Love Story...Taylor Swift
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 02 Jan '10 03:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Book : Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen, Movie : Titanic, Person : ' Someone', whom I love and song : ' Ek ladiko ko dhehaa tho aisaa lagaa...!'
Answered by Dil Se, 01 Jan '10 06:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Warren Buffet by Chellamuthu Kuppusamy
Ponniyin Chelvan by Kalki
Answered by Rathnavel Natarajan, 16 Jan '10 05:48 am

(0)
 (0)