Q.

What an auspicious day this is to be to celebrate Lata jees 80th birthday ! Today the icon has completed 80 years of glory and still evergreen. What I would love to ask here, can you imagine and write anything melodious about Lata jee? And will you give me 8 songs of your choice to earmark her 80th birthday?

Tags: relationships, music, education
Asked by Indra Pawar, 28 Sep '09 03:11 pm

1.

Dear Indra,
The legend, the voice of the millennium, the melody queen, the nightingale, which turned 80 on Dussehra doesnt require any more introduction ,she is one and only Lata Mangeshkar. I first of all pray for her long life with better health so that we can enjoy more with her mellifluous voice.
It is almost a century that the goddess of music ruled over the bollywood film industry with her melodious magical voice .She lent her voice to every actress starting from Madhubala to Madhuri and Kajol. She had worked with every big musician of the industry and made their life meaningful with her dedicated singing.
She is a history of music within herself. Her realm of music is so rich that words alone cant explain. We have hardly listened half of her recordings yet. She started her musical journey in 1942 and has spanned over six and a half decades without a halt but yet she has not reached her destination, as she expresses.
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 30 Sep '09 04:39 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

Truly marvellous
we can never write and sing such songs
Answered by anil garg, 06 Dec '09 01:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Just one song better than the whole lot .
Jo Shaheed huwe hai unki , jara yaad karo qurbaani ...
Answered by zakirbhai, 03 Oct '09 12:28 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I treat her as incarnation of saraswati...There are umteen songs of lataji....and the list is endless
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 03 Oct '09 12:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

What can one say about a legend? Whatever one says will be less. It is wonderful that Lataji has completed 80 years and yet sings as beautifully as ever. Belated Birthday wishes to her. She is the melody queen of India and what is wonderful is that she can sing songs of all genres, whether romantic songs, sad songs, bhajans, spiritual songs with equal ease. Not only that she has sung in so many languages and is so versatile. It is very, very difficult to choose eight out of so many lovely song but I will put down the ones which I love, but I am sure I will leave out many others which I love equally. Here are some of my favourites not in any particular order

Hum payar me jalne walon ko..(Jailor)

O sajna...(Parakh)

Na jane kuyn..(Rajanigandha)

Rahe na rahe hum..(Mamta)
Answered by blue ocean, 30 Sep '09 01:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I can't believe our Lathaji completed 80 years ! Her voice is still so sweet and young....She is still a melody queen...It is probably for this very reason that Royal Music Hall in London undertook a voice modulation analysis of the voice of Lata Mangeshkar and concluded that her voice has been the gift of God. she has devoted her entire life for music...making it eternal....She has made entry into the Guiness Book of World Records for having made the most number of recordings in the world. She has sung many melodies as well as raga-based songs in many classic films like Baijju Bawra, Mughal-E-Azam, Pakeeza, Abhiman, etc. She has also composed some songs and sung many beautiful meera bhajans and ghazals. She has sung variety of songs from ghost songs like "Kahin deep jale kahin dil" to patriotic songs like "Ae mere wadan ke logon" which has created a deep impact on the listeners.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 30 Sep '09 12:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Belated Birthday Greetings to our dear and respected Lataji. What can I eulogize about this legend , words will not be enough to shower praises on her. I love countless songs sung by her...solos, duets....et al. But since you have asked for eight songs my list goes like this...they may not be the best of the lot but they appeal to me a lot and stir my senses.....

1. Tumhe yaad karte karte , jayegee rain saari
Tum le gaye ho apne sang neend bhi humari....from Amrapali

2. Chandni ratein pyaar ki baatein kho gaye hai kahan....from Jaal(old)

3.Dheere dheere machal aye dil-e-bekarar, koi ata hain
Yun tadap ke na taapaa muzhe baar baar, koi ata hain....from Anupama
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 29 Sep '09 03:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

A truly mother Godess, an eternal voice,voice of India.....still I am not able to to justice to her...she is GREAT.An Evergreen melody Empress.People like me have been listning to her sinDearce our birth,grown up,n,would love to die listning to her...Banho mei chale aao....,Dear Indra its' 12.37 am here in Seoul....what is keeping me awake ? My respect,n,desire to write a brief note on her.There are several songs which I love...difficult to select 8...let me try....,Kanhi deep jale dil,Aaj fir jeene ki tamanna hei, Eay meire watan k logo,O sajana...sun sajana,Ruk jaa raat theher jaa rei chanda,Lag jaa gale,fir ye hasee raat hona ho,Mer aawaaj hi pehchan hei, gar yaad rahei,Ajeeb daastaa hei ye............................................list is endless.......................................................... ...Lata di We all LOVE YOU !
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 28 Sep '09 09:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Indra,

" Ye kahan aagaye aap ,yuhee saath saath chalte" !!! I dont believe, Indra,on QNA ,Question page !!! Let me Congratulate you fist and also Let me wish you put to forward series of thought provoking Questions every day to make our Brains crack or Explode. Well,your 1st question ,itself is very intersting subject for me as it is Music related.You have wonderfully answered many of my Music related questions.Now, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer this Music question in the name of the living Legend, Lata mangashkar

Lataji was always an household name ,since I was kid because I have grown hearing the songs of this great singer.The songs still echo in my mind.My mother was an ardent fan of Lataji and had a good collection of all her old songs. I have seen her always listening to old songs of Lataji,gradually I also started enjoying it .There are some old songs of lataji which I know almost by heart . Why I LIke it ,is only because the richness of her voice ,the ...more
Answered by Rachana, 28 Sep '09 05:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Happy birthday to latji tum jio hajaron sal or sal k din ho 500000000000000000000
Answered by Shiva, 25 May '11 04:09 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Francisco