Q.

Have you ever been a victim of pressure from your parents to achieve great things in life?

Tags: life, great things, victim of pressure from your parents
Asked by gem mina, 22 Mar '08 10:46 am

1.

Well I won't say I was a victim.. they ahd my best intentions at heart. I have just one complain.. they pressurized me into taking up the subject they liked which was science and did not let me take up the subject i liked ..and that was political science.
Answered by joyoti sen, 27 Mar '08 01:25 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

Are you kidding me ? ! Pressure is an understatement. I'm amazed that I'm talking about it now in such a casual manner.

Yes, there was pressure. Incessant and unbearable. Pressure to be like neighbours-engineering-son , pressure to be like the cousin-who-went-to-IIT-and-IIMA-and-who-is-settled-in-vilayat-who m-I-have-never-seen-but-whose-name-is-my-living-nighmare, pressure to be like the successful-son-of-dad's-coleague-who-was-high-school-topper-and-a -rank-holder, pressure to be like that neighbours-girl-who-is-always-seen-studying-while-you-wasting-tim e-on-cricket-and-friends-and-movies-and-novels ...etc etc. I hated my parents with passion, during "those" days.

Answered by Mayala Fakir, 24 Mar '08 08:55 am

(3)
 (0)
3.

Never :) The only message was that we would be on our own. There were no guidelines provided on what to be or sometimes even how to do what we wanted to do. Right from my schooldays, not much help on homework or project work. The only hope was from my elder sister. For homework, we had to pay attention in class and for project work we had to learn from what our seniors were doing and how they were getting it done (mostly parents doing it for them).

I always remember my mother saying "Don't learn for my sake or for your teacher's sake or for the sake of earning marks. If you are interested, you will enjoy the part where you figure out how to do it."

Answered by Jane Joseph K, 28 Mar '08 09:57 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

I have never been a victim or a victor in regard to my parents. I am a self made man and very proud of it.
Answered by Ani Nair, 23 Mar '08 07:22 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

It does happen sometimes that parents want to see you at a level they themselves never achieved.This kind of parenting is ego parenting and is very common.I think one should not be bogged down by the pressure and pursue whatever he/she wants to do in life.Nonetheless its their love for you that they want to see you at higher levels.
Answered by priyank mandavawala, 22 Mar '08 10:50 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Never!!! My parents has never pressured me ever for anything which i didnt liked. thanks to god for giving me such loving parents.
Answered by mansi giri, 22 Mar '08 10:47 am

(0)
 (1)
7.

Thankfully not
Answered by anil garg, 07 Mar '10 11:46 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Well ,it will be from parents but it is for his healthy growth.
Answered by narayan nani, 07 Mar '10 09:57 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

No, but it should not happen
Answered by kamini joshi, 10 Jan '10 10:36 am

(0)
 (0)
10.

For me the biggest pressure is from within from myself to acheive my own expectation.
Answered by ahmad x, 22 Oct '09 09:16 pm

(0)
 (0)