Q.

"Did Jesus Come to Earth to Create a Religion.."?

Asked by ankit shivam, 11 Feb '08 12:01 pm

1.

A correct interpretation of the scriptures or the New Testament says, when Jesus chose to be crucified of His own free feel, which was well pre-ordained, he nailed and bound Satan to the netherworld, by taking on the sins of mankind on Himself. That is the essence of the importance of crucifixion. What Jesus said is "I am the path, I am the way to the Father". He never claimed himself to be the Almighty but His representative on earth. The most important thing that Bible ordains is "Love thy neighbhour as you would love yourself". If every one follows this one dictum, then I think all the hate in this world would disappear.

Answered by Omega, 11 Feb '08 03:27 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Answered by misconception, 11 Feb '08 02:06 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

The Prophets (May Allahs peace be upon them all) also made references to each other, and to each others duties and responsibilities. For example, we have the Prophet Jesus making numerous references to the coming of the Prophet Muhammad (May Allahs blessing and peace be upon him) after himself.

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. Of sin, because they believe not in me, of righteousness because I go to our Father and you see me no more. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have many things to say unto you, but you can not hear them now. Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of Truth is come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak, and he will show you things t ...more
Answered by funda, 11 Feb '08 02:02 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Yes ideed. Jesus came to this world rescue the sinners for the eternity. But HE did not create any religion. HE showed he path of truth and the faith. The faith HE showed as after HIS demise known as Christianity. Hence one who followed his teachings and faith are known as Christians. the faith they are following is christianity.
Answered by Xavier, 11 Feb '08 01:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Jesus was the Christ (Messiah), that God had promised since man sinned in the Garden of Eden. He was the Messiah who would come and undo the work of Satan. He would conqueror sin and death that men might be restored unto fellowship with God our Creator.

He came that you and I could be forgiven our sins. He came and died on that cross, shedding His precious blood for you and I.....

Let us understand what is Formal or Outer religion on Earth-

Not every human being is ready to follow the inner path. Therefore, many people need an outer organization that can gradually lead them to discover the inner mysteries of God. Yet, Gods intention behind inspiring an outer religion is that people will use it only as a stepping stone. The outer religion and its doctrines must never become a mental prison that encages your mind. In other words, an outer religion is meant to help you discover the true inner religion.

Answered by Roy John, 11 Feb '08 02:27 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

no!
Answered by rashmi kambli, 11 Feb '08 12:01 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Religion has been created by men the object of which is to unite all people , live like human beings and respect all religions.
Answered by jameel ahmed, 11 Feb '08 02:04 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

No he dint....he just showed ppl path of truth and faith...
Answered by Rukhsana.Siddiqui, 11 Feb '08 01:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Too deep for me today but basically his mission was to save the world. It's a reality and man believes whatever he wants to believe which is why he is so messed up asking questions about God on boards like this.
Answered by radha kashyap, 11 Feb '08 01:19 pm

(0)
 (0)
10.

i believe that man created god and that everyone followed because they needed something to rely on and to blame when things went bad
and that they couldn't accept the fact that things just happened
Answered by anju chauhan, 11 Feb '08 02:23 pm

(0)
 (0)