Q.

Dont you think that in the category of 'Religion and Spirituality' people are asking questions and giving the answers, using religion as crutch to attack the members of each others community to prove they are wise and their own religion is true? I ask the forum members who have gone through such questions and answers to give their honest opinion.

Asked by Jack Johnson, 03 Mar '09 07:32 pm

1.

Sai Ram. I was not seeing specific categories and cannot therefore give you an answer. I have noticed that many questions are wrongly categorised, either by mistake or deliberately.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 04 Mar '09 02:06 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

You are more than correct . When people will understand that Humanity is the supreme of all religions of the world. Deep down inside us, we all know that the most important thing in life is much more than winning for ourselves.
The most important thing in this life is to help others to win. Even if that means slowing down and changing our own race. A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity .... and that's the best religion , nothing else.
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 06 Mar '09 11:49 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

While appreciating your view that while answering care should be taken not to offend people belonging other religion. The specific question and answers
which you feel as improper may ne pointed out so that we can give out honest
opinion., as it is not possible to go thru all qns and ans under the category.,
Answered by sitapati rao, 04 Mar '09 01:00 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Two people in distress who come together and share each others' woes knowingly or unknowingly, their bonding is called band aid bonding.
Answered by Goldie Anand, 04 Mar '09 11:06 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

JJ Sir, though you did not ask me to give my opinion on this very delicate issue, yet I wish to say something since this was the category which had become central point while considering my application to moderator for not blocking my ID. I dont think I feel free to write on this, but since I am here, I just can`t show reluctance because I value freedom of expression. Yet, I will try to take maximum care so as not to create hostility.
My reaction to the category of R&S is often an emotional one, conditioned and limited in many ways. In a peculiar politicized and shrewdly motivated ways, religion has taken form of nationalism, at least to some sectors in our society. This is inevitable in our country which has many diverse wings on the name of religion. Naturally every segment wish to uphold his flag above others, sometimes with valid and potential reasons, sometimes stubbornly waving and drumming by putting irrelevant references from their respective holy books. Attacking the members ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 07 Mar '09 11:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Dear JJ, Good afternoon.
Contarary to the belief about 'Religion and Spirituality' people are asking questions and giving the answers, using religion as crutch to attack the members of each others community to prove they are wise and their own religion is true... is not atall near truth. Most of the respected members of this forum, who answer such Qs, have definite balance of dignity, integrity and faith about other and self in their answers. Please ingnore such misplaced few, who likes to show other down, but they can be counted on fingers and well could had been ignored for their acts. I for one answer this catagory Q with all care not to offened anyone, for sure. Many other respected members are very flexible in their answers in this catagory too.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 07 Mar '09 11:52 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

From the very beginning,i have deliberately stayed away from this category...for obvious reasons,personally i feel,religion is a very individual choice,and a very personal and sensitive issue...it is within us and we are always too firm and dedicated to our beliefs...it is one issue,which cant either be politicised or propogated for reasons not so religious after all....religious tolerance is the key to such problems,and a deep respect for all the ideoligies and beliefs is to be followed most humbly....to revere our own belief,we dont need to condemn the beliefs of others....all can co-exist with mutual respect,forbearance and understanding....acceptance would come naturally then.
Answered by shintsie, 06 Mar '09 07:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Well, it was a habit to go through that category each & everyday to answer few interesting question but since the time few fundamentalists and bigots have entered this forum, I've stopped this practice.I remember how a simple personal opinion given by me on marriage has caused huge uproar leaving a sour taste.The point to be noted is that from your first interaction with them, you can determine that they know nothing about religion but just concentrate on few rigid sources.

Sir, we can differentiate between a religious person and a fanatic.Can't we? :-))
Answered by prashant sharma, 06 Mar '09 02:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I have come across such questions. However, owhen you have allowed every participant to ask any question under the Sun I vido not know how you could ignore them. I for one try to go into a little backgroujnd and lay out the correct position. Some of them are indeed convinced and also told me so. Some are inlcorrigible .In their cases the only way is Try and try again. No use to run away from any question.
Answered by radhikamruta, 06 Mar '09 01:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

I have not seen religion abused worse than in a public forum. The problem is we hardly discuss religion. Rather, we errorneously regard faith as religion and take the first opportunity to eulogise ours and defame and defile others'. In the process, we tend to reflect our true selves... wicked and untolerant.
Answered by ekta mahajan, 04 Mar '09 11:44 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Mujibur Rahman was the first President when Bangladesh became independent after the Indo Pak war of 1971. He was the leader of the Awami League and wa..more

Answered by Mitali Choudhury