Q.

Identify the person .. Lalita Babbar ??

Tags: identify, babbar, lalita babbar
Asked by Dharmarajan, 16 Jan '12 09:57 am

1.

She is winner of full-marathon in Mumbai, clocking 2:53:35 hours to emerge the best Indian in the women's category.
Answered by beena john, 16 Jan '12 09:59 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Lalita Babbar was elated after completing the full-marathon in Mumbai, clocking 2:53:35 hours to emerge the best Indian in the women's category. Lalita's switch from half marathon to full has been a special one. The daughter of a farmer had to face family opposition in her quest to become a champion marathoner.

Her father Shivaji was against the idea of taking up sports as a profession. But she didn't give up and overcame all odds. "We are farmers and there is no fixed income for us. I am the eldest in the family and have three younger siblings. My father didn't want me to be a sportsperson because he was of the opinion that sports couldn't fetch me regular income. It was only after I became the breadwinner they started supporting me," said the 23-year-old from Maan taluka in Satara district.

Source: google search
Answered by anil garg, 16 Jan '12 10:23 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

Marathon runner
Answered by iqbal seth, 16 Jan '12 10:05 am

(0)
 (0)