Q.

I would like to know if I have to pay 1% commission to an agent who advertised in Times of India for selling a house in Bangalore. He never advertised it as agent and we thought he is doing the negotiations on behalf of the owners based outside Bangalore. He never mentioned 1% to be given at the time of buying the house but now after the sale is over he is demanding 1% from us Is this a done practise in Bangalore.. I must add he has already collected 2% from the owners.

Tags: india, house, money
Asked by sanju, 20 Apr '12 01:37 pm

1.

If u have bought the house through a broker you HAVE to pay brokerage. the fact that he has collected from sellor does and should not concern you at all please pay up if you have paid the full amount to the sellor and have become owner of this house
Answered by rajan, 20 Apr '12 01:40 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

If you have done the dealing through him-well yes
if you can justify he had no role--then no
Answered by anil garg, 21 Apr '12 11:29 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Commonsense, interesting question again, The main reason for Low income group on the whole as average is due to the severity of poverty and the durati..more