Q.

I was involved in a very serious accident 3 years back.After a prolonged legal fight,the court has awarded compensation to me,but strangely it has ordered that the said compensation be deposited in SBI,in shape of a Fixed Deposit for a period of 10 years in tees hazari,and that it cannot be withdrawn nor be transferred to any other bank.please advise me on this as I have suffered long enough due to my accident.And I am totally shocked by this decision.The compensation thus awarded is of no use to me.Please advise,as it is very important for me & my family(I have 3 little kids).

Tags: years, family, accident
Asked by parmimnder bedi, 25 Aug '07 02:56 pm

1.

you will get money. in cash.. if you show the copy of judgement then only something can be said.
Answered by rahul singh, 25 Aug '07 04:04 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Compensation is always paid in cash. If the court has ordered the compensation to be converted into a Fixed Deposit, there has to be a serious reason. Please go through the Judgement Copy and if necessary you can appeal.
Answered by Sushant Santra, 26 Aug '07 08:18 pm

(0)
 (0)