Q.

I have Rs14 lacs to invest and need an income of Rs 2 lacs(approx) per annum starting from 2011. Can you recommend which MF schemes I should invest in and in what proportion should i invest. My risk apetite is medium and estimated duration of investment 15 years. my age 40yrs.

13 Feb '10 12:38 am

1.

No mutual fund can give you such a return and that too in a year's time. Best option is to go for MIPs - Birla Sunlife MIP II savings 5 , HDFC MIP Long Term , Reliance MIP. You can expect approximately a 10 -12% return over a period of 3 years . No mutual fund can give guaranteed returns. MIPs have less investment in equity - so are less risky. Over the long term equity funds can give you such returns . If you want guaranteed returns - go for post office MIP - you will get 8% guaranteed but taxable.
Answered by RANJAN KARNAD, 13 Feb '10 07:08 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Invest directly with the fund on its website if you are being charged entry load on ICICI direct. You can invest in 1) HDFC TOP 200 2) DSPBR TOP 100 ..more

Answered by RANJAN KARNAD