Q.

What's better--the private charities or state support--in matters of caring orphans, destitutes, infirms, aged and the sick?

Tags: education, science, news & events
Asked by Ramsingh Sachan, 01 Jun '10 12:02 pm

1.

Whenever I visit a city or town whether in India or abroad, I try to find out the nearest old age homes and homes for the sick, orphans and physically challenged persons, schools for the mentally retarded children and so on. I have observed that the homes managed by private organisations are better than the ones which are state sponsored and among the private ones, those managed by the Sisters of Charity (Blessed Mother Teresa's) are the best.
Answered by Francisco, 01 Jun '10 12:10 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

You can give charity in any way you want be it in the form of donating clothes,dry rations,raising funds which can be further utilized for the medical expenses and the education of the little ones of the poor people ..so let's join hands and be a part of the Joy Of Giving Week http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-JOY-of-GIVING-WEEK/950529941 09?ref=ts
Answered by Prerna, 17 Jun '10 10:55 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

As long somebody is taking care properly it is ok. Normally state operators are filled with corruption and many a times the services do not reach the required persons.
Answered by MS Prasad, 01 Jun '10 02:39 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Look for some good NGO working for the cuase of orphans... I know one Prayas in Delhi (Jahangeerpuri) set up Shri Amod Kanth. there are many around if you really wish to find them you can do that easily. They utilise the funds better and most efficiently.
Answered by Aditya Misra, 01 Jun '10 12:08 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Private charities
Answered by Pardeep kapoor, 01 Jun '10 12:04 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

If you want to sponser a male one then sponsor me..more

Answered by Gopakumar