Q.

Am totally new in the world of investment except investment in bank & post office.

But now I want to invest in
1) HDFC Capital Builder,
2) HDFC Top 200,
3) Reliance Growth,
4) Prudential ICICI Discovery

Please tell me the merit & demerits of the above and if these are okey for current investment then please tell me the steps to be followed to purchase in details.

Asked by sudipto adfdfdff, 26 Jul '07 06:14 pm

1.

I can help you with investment in LIC money plans and insurance, for me mutual funds are too risky
Answered by deepak kumar bhuwania, 26 Jul '07 06:17 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

This is V Sridhar here a Specialist in Financial Planning. The funds selected by u comprise a really good portfolio. I would recommend u to add JM Emerging Leaders Fundy (small cap vaule fund, managed by Sandip Sabharwal - Ex SBI TaxGain Fund Mgr). Comment on the funds.

HDFC Cap Builder: It invests across caps. Tilts its porfolio to either mid or large cap depending on mkt situation. It is a avg performer when compared to it peers.

HDFC Top 200: This fund is primarily a large cap fund. It has above avg performance. Managed by Prashant Jain, a very good fund mgr. HDFC has a gr8 fund mgmt team.

Reliance Growth: Fund size has grown too large. It is primarily a mid to small cap fund. Hence it is difficult to perform with such a large fund size, eventhough it is being managed by a gr8 fund mgmt team. A better option would be JM emerging leaders fund. I have personally met the fund mgr - sandip sabharwal. And I feel more confident that he would perform better.

Answered by sridhar veta, 26 Jul '07 11:30 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Hai rahul, First of all i should appreciate you for taking a wise decission to invest in MF at the age of 21. you can invest in mutual funds through S..more

Answered by sainath madduri