Q.

MEMORIES : Though out of Goa,even now when I close my eyes,images of calm,tranquil,roaring sea;sandy beaches,old sailing ships,tugboats,piers,seagulls,turtles,crabs,dolphi ns suffuse my mind/my vision....do you have memories/images of any such place in your mind?

Asked by shintsie, 22 Dec '09 05:48 pm

1.

I too have memories of Goa in my mind though I visited Goa only as a tourist once in Oct,1988 with my parents and younger brother and then in Oct,2005 with my husband and children.

In 1988 we reached Goa by car from Mumbai through the Ghat Road. At that time the Mandovi bridge was being reconstructed as it had collapsed. We had to take a ferry from Betim to reach Panaji where we stated at the Mandovi Hotel on the banks of the Mandovi river. We first visited the famous Basilica of Bom Jesus and the Se Cathedral.The first beach we visited was the Miramar beach where we collected a lot of sea shells.In the evening we went for a ferry ride on the Mandovi and durring the ride we witnessed a wonderful cultural presentation showcasing the songs and dances of Goa and the Portuguese and Konkani culture.

Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 23 Dec '09 02:08 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

I am happiest when I am close to nature. I have some wonderful memories of mist laden hill stations and of the ever enchanting seaside. Though I love hill stations I must admit I get bored after a few days but the seaside never stops mesmerizing me. I grew up in Mumbai and so the sea has been an integral part of my life. I grew up in a company colony and all we colony folks have picnicked in all the beaches in and around Mumbai be it Mud islands, Gorai beach, Alibaug or Juhu. No words can explain the kind of fun we had together.
I have wonderful memories of Goa as I have been there several times. The first time was by steamer or was it a small ship with my parents and younger brother. I still recall the first glimpse of Goa as we neared the land and all we could see was coconut palms and unending beaches. We stayed on the main road in Panjim and could see the Mandovi river flowing by. In my colleges days we went for a college excursion to Goa. Though we had to rough it out we had a wh ...more
Answered by blue ocean, 29 Dec '09 01:53 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I had the privilege of visiting Goa , speciallyt Panaji number of times . My first visit to Panji was for honeymoon. We had the bad experience of losing one of our suitcase having many ornaments of my recently married wife --it was taken away by some one from our hotel lobby on the day of our departure to Mumbai by a Govt run bus from near the youth hostel on the bank of river Mandovi . One senior IPS officer was our co passenger. As the bus got delayed for that episode of ours , he wanted to know the reason and we told him about the incident . He assured us to help in this matter and instantly intimated all the local PS AND CHECk POSTS this matter . we came back to Kolkata with a crest fallen mind --and --and -and the suit case was sent to us by air cargo almost after 3 onths with everything in tact inside the suitcase ! Thats my memory about Goa !
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 28 Dec '09 01:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Being a Goan and having ancestral house in Goa, I do miss Goa very much as I'm not always in Goa...
Answered by John Mascarenhas, 28 Dec '09 12:28 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Memories synonymous to nature always bestow tranquility ...
Answered by Praveen Kapur, 27 Dec '09 01:02 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes...the Garhwal Hills...time I spent there is almost one-third of my life...so those memories can never fade... those hills..the view of snow clad Himalayas ...rising sun from behind them...the natural water...no taps, no pipelines...just natural water from the trees...to drink and for daily uses... the cold weather....the fog...the clouds traveling alongside the mountains...downwards...and upwards... zero visibility...stepped fields... single lane road...limited traffic... knowing each other...and their family members...by names...the deodar and pine trees... the calls of tigers...foxes...jackals... from the forest...the damp sunshine...the slanted roof tops...no fans...no refrigerators...no ACs...wow...can never forget...still I remember...the entire area... as it is...still in front of my eyes...
Answered by sanjay sharma, 26 Dec '09 12:01 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

I have a sweet memories of Kolkata when I spent around 2 months for my CA final...Kolkata being my most favourite city in Indi, I always like to visit there....I still find the city in its historic traditional way....I have not yet visited Goa, but very eager to go there.....Thanks.
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 25 Dec '09 07:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

No Goa beaches for me, Shintz; because I had a very dreadful (and full of headache; or let me add more >>> disgusting) experience with one of the highly crowded (overflowing is the perfect term) beaches in Panjim and I do not want to let you feel bad with that atmosphere where you had some splendid days (or let me say, may be years) with all the categories you mentioned in your question. Of course, as I have travelled almost all parts of India (and that too with all equipped sturdy van along with my buddies) including number of lovely beautiful beaches; I still would love to say `Desert` is my spot as far point of answering to this question of yours is concerned. You know sandy wasters on the earth`s surface which we call deserts have long held a peculiar fascination for mankind particularly to earth explorers and many alluring discoveries were possible only by those who preferred crossing the islands thru desert passages only. The `Caravan` had become synonymous to those dreamers who ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 23 Dec '09 12:09 am

(1)
 (0)
9.

I have seen only 6 sea beaches till now including Goa. In Goa, I saw that place, where that married lady(forgot her name) committed suicide for her lover. The water was lush green and yes it was good, but turtles and crabs? well I don't have their memories on sea beaches, but in the market places for sure. :-) I once saw Dolphins' show along with sea lions. That was a good experience.
Answered by manish varma, 22 Dec '09 07:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

A bullock cart ,, driven by a child of 10 ,,,bullocks running ---loud shrills of HO HO -- the village pagdandi ,, birds chirping ,,, and here comes the Ganges ,,, though a shallow water stretch ,, just cross it ----water rushing n brushing ,,, in the mid of stream ,,get down --wash face ,, oh so coooooooooool ,,, patting bullocks ---mere sher -----and feeding them with love ,, journey restarts ---goes to farm ---cow being milked --fresh n hot ---the best food ----aaj bhaaji bhaat banega --the farm is one family --no master , no worker --all eat from common kitchen ---the mitti ka bartan --and the tastiest of food ---------can go on narrating ---but ye bharat desh hai mera ----jahaan daal daal par ,, sone ki chidiya karti hai basera ,, hai na ?
Answered by RAJESH, 22 Dec '09 05:58 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Dear Sir, We take pleasure to introduce ourselves as a reputed Tour Operator of Andaman & Nicobar Islands . We are Offering following services at lo..more

Answered by VIVEK SINGH