Q.

I want some information about the term Prophet, what it means in archaeology?

Tags: money, careers, religion & spirituality
Asked by James D Corner, 20 Sep '12 11:30 am

1.

In religion, a prophet is an individual who is claimed to have been contacted by the supernatural or the divine, and to speak for them, serving as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other people. The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy.
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 20 Sep '12 11:33 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

The word "Prophet" is the origin of the Greek work "Prophetes", which means a " spoke person". But in religious point of view,it means that a person sent by god to teach people about his intentions. I do not not know whether god has sent a prophet or not,but what dictionary explains,that I expressed here. Some times Prophet is known as an astrologer, who predict the future. So far archaeology is concerned, it refers to the study of ancient history by examining objects dug from the ground. If we dug the history of Islamic religion, we may also find out the name of prophet Mohammad,the founder of Islam, who told himself as prophet.
Source: dictionary & history
Answered by Sambhunath Tiadi, 20 Sep '12 11:52 am

(1)
 (0)