Q.

A THOUGHT : Can a life be complete,beautiful and meaningful without marriage? Would you live a life happily ever after,without the societal expectation of a marriage?

Tags: marriage, relationships, entertainment
Asked by shintsie, 03 Feb '10 09:57 pm

1.

Why not. Marriage is an institution and there is no doubt about it. But love is not only marriage. Even without marriage you can love everybody. Help a child to have a bright future, Help the have nots as a doctor, a lawyer, a social worker etc etc. There are innumerable examples for such a people. Alarmel valli, a bharat natyam exponent, Dr Abdul Kalam, Kamaraj, Mother Therasa etc etc. But it does not mean marriage is not so important. We value marriage so much so especially for women, we condemn those who love to live single. For us for a girl not getting married is the biggest worry in a family. Since I am a woman of strong will there is no doubt what so ever in my mind , that I would have lived happily even if I have not married. In that case I could have arranged my life in an entirely different way.Either way I could have succeeded in life.
Answered by Josna, 04 Feb '10 03:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

In short - Nope!!!
Answered by Cartoon Network, 03 Feb '10 09:59 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

Yes, it is possible. there have always been people who lived meaningful, beautiful life without marriage. Atal Bihari Vajpayee, APJ Abdul Kalam, Shobhana, Mother Theresa, Sushmita Sen, Ruskin Bond, Jayalalitha, Padma Subrahmaniam. The way is to have a purpose in life and dedicate and be involved in that completely. You will do more good to society by that. Also such people have someone else to take the role of family. students, protegees, adopted children, sometimes an adopted family etc. Apart from famous people , I have known men and women who have dedicated their life for their brothers and sisters. I would also recommend to read 'Phaniyamma'. Though there is no happily ever after in life, whether you are married or not. Life has its share of troubles. Marriage is difficult even when people are marriage-oriented. So if a person is not inspired to marry, it is better he or she does not marry
Answered by sangeetha, 03 Feb '10 11:46 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I am the best example...............Atal Bihari Vajpayee is another......there are many more.
Answered by Lumpen, 04 Feb '10 02:31 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Marriage is not the be all and end all of life. The society thinks that each one of should get married on reaching a certain age (called marriageable age), start a family and live happily ever after. When the married couple love each other truly, care, support and understand one another life does take a beautiful meaning . But in the absence of all these life becomes difficult. In such circumstances people are better off staying single.
Marriage is not a bed of roses. It is full of expectations and requires a great deal of adjustment.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 04 Feb '10 01:43 pm

(1)
 (2)
6.

The nest that we set up would be incomplete without a life partner and children. That emotional attachment that comes with a formal marriage, would be lacking in a live in relationship. The gums of genuine attachment, would be lacking in such a relationship. The institution of marriage has stood the test of time. The grip may be loosening today, but this is not the fault of the institution but because individual relations have gone awry with bloated egos.Personal adjustment with each other is the name of the game. Society expects a lot from us, most of which may be unreasonable.
But there are certain norms, one has to abide with, to be in sync with and be part of of our social group. .
Answered by mohanbirsingh ghura, 04 Feb '10 08:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Each of us shall have a different approach towards this issue in hand....after having almost 18 years of married life, I never find any reasons why one sudnt marry.....owning rsponsibilities is key to getting success...success makes us feel happier...and happiness can make us feel convincingly that the journey of life is not that long or tiresome....within a period of few decades you cant all on a sudden start concluding that only living single can make you feel living in freedom which was set by our predecessors wid their sincere efforts of 1000 years......freedom is a feeling , as an individual , though mariied , I feel full of freedom ...I am not ready to kill my tiny desires, I am not willing to stop seeng dreams, if my spouse have any problem in hilly journey, I am not ready to stop myself enjoing the beauty of hills....its a bonding , they are the vowel which can complete the sentence...its a sort of recognition for the self, its feeling of having full glass of water...its a kin ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 04 Feb '10 06:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

For a family life marriage is necessary and for a yogi it is not
Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 04 Feb '10 04:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Indian way of life is regarded as one of the best in the world. The essence of Indian way of life is family. Marriage is seen as an institution here and not as a contract. Despite the criticism from the so called intellentia it remains as the most important aspect in Indian way of living. Here marriage is sacred and a social obligation. I can not think a life without marriage.
Answered by Rajni, 04 Feb '10 01:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Marriage is An INGEGRAT PROCESS ATTACHED TO HUMAN LIFE......the word Marriage comes from the word MERGE.......at the end of each life we Merge with God( we believe...)

1. For normal people...............

a) it is a SOCIAL PROCESS of SHARE & CARE.....it is a process by which a human MERGE with Spouse & their family and then create new members(child/childrens) ......

b) it is a TYPE OF RESPONSIBILITY for Normal human who has desire to excell infront of their relatives, has some expectations to carry forward good ethics to Society thru child/childrens (or near and dear one)....

c) it is a process thru which a normal human can show his/her attitude to live life for others....and thru this process they want to benefit the world....

Answered by saumen ganguli, 04 Feb '10 01:06 pm

(1)
 (0)