Q.

I read many asking questions about sri rama ,ravana yudhishtira,karna ,sri krishna etc. but how many of the people who ask or answer have really read the original sri ramayana or the mahabharatha or the srimad bhagawatham. is it not in a way insulting the sacred texts?

Tags: read, religion & spirituality, asking questions
Asked by Ramana murthy, 23 Oct '12 06:02 pm

1.

I would be happy if you allow me to express my mind in this context .

Sir/Madam, let me ask you onething first , can you say honestly that so far whatever you attempted in life to solve are you specialised filed .

There are many questions on music pertaining to raga ,taal notes etc set for me , before I could answer ,I see the questions got huge positive response and correct answer also . I feel glad to see that people without knowledge on the subjects tried to answer , obviously ,they might have spent time on google engine to search the correct answer . they are appreciable for this reason because its not thier specialised filed but still they made an effort at their own cost and time .

Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 23 Oct '12 06:47 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

So Hindus too are getting afflicted by BLASPHEMY NEUROSIS?
Let those who have READ full text .....CORRECT the ones who appear to have not read.
Why shud those who KNOW be afraid of those who DON'T KNOW?
It is said... Knowledge destroys fear!
Sacredness IS NEVER, and CANNOT, be insulted. But ignorance hiding behind sacredness can be!
Answered by Shunmugham, 24 Oct '12 12:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

In the mahabharatha karna was the scoundrel who gave duryodhana the idea of disrobing draupadi. he was war monger who was defeated by arjuna several times but would just not accept the fact that the later was superior to him. but you must read the big lecture he gave lord surya when the later came down to warn him of indra trying to get rid of his divine armour. such people exist even today. they cannot be predicted. so their answers too. we can predict a sri rama but can never predict how a ravana behaves. even if a man is well read in these behavioral sciences they answer as is convenient to them or suits them at that point of them. their answers reflect what they really are. and their interpretations will never effect the ithihaasas or other sacred texts. so why bother.
Answered by Haalayudha Dattuni, 24 Oct '12 07:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Your question is rather an answer than question. Even if all the books referred by you are read, nothing to be treated as final. Contents howsoever be valid and valuable, are always subject to further scrutiny and analysis. Many times, beliefs are just carried because if opposed may hurt the sentiments of believers. Ideally, since many of the contents of such books convey morals, those are to be accepted as such than believing them to be true. Our era is meant for proof for every thing. At least, the learned should realise this truth.
Answered by dinkar shetty, 24 Oct '12 08:03 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

They only do it who have not read between the lines or gone in to depth
Answered by babu rao, 23 Oct '12 07:36 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

No,sir.I beg to differ.Through questions n answers people like me get a scope to know many interesting n important facts from learned people like u.
Answered by Damodar Biswal, 23 Oct '12 06:14 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

Trying to insult sacred texts is like throwing muck at the sun. It does not affect the sun but falls back at the face of such persons
Answered by Vikram, 23 Oct '12 06:14 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Sir None of Us can Dare to Insult The sacred Text. Those Who have Faith in Those Texts we Respect Them. And never try to Hurt anyone's sentiment or Feelings towards Their Faith .
Like to ask one thing Why Mythology Should not be Seen/Compare with the Contemporary Times and events .And Why one should not apply the Rational or Logical analysis .
Am a very small person with limited Thinking and limited Approach , Sir may like to Enlighten us with Correct Course .
Answered by kartikay sharma, 23 Oct '12 06:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Those epics are thousands of years old and do u believe there is something called orginal is still existing?
Answered by MAdhavan Avadhany, 23 Oct '12 06:10 pm

(0)
 (0)