Q.

Anyone with ability can attain success if there happens to be an opportunity; but what would you call a person who is able to succeed even if there is no opportunity?

Tags: person, opportunity, success
Asked by Jack Johnson, 04 Oct '07 08:07 pm

1.

I see the answer to this question in two parts.

First one, I dont think there is a definite success formula even with abundance in ability and plenty of opportunities! History proves this point. Take for example, The Fuhrer. He had everything with him. He drove people to work tirelessly to create a very powerful Germany by creating unity among them. He showed they were second to none (In some ways, its true. Best example is Dr. Wernher von Braun, designer of V2 for Germany & later by surrendering to US, he designed ICBMs & Saturn rockets!). But, due to Fuhrers ugly global desires, he had destroyed his own Germany. I think that was a big failure despite having tons of talent & opportunities in front of Germanys bright future. (Imagine had The Fuhrer was peaceful & showed no aggression, global power scenario now would have been something else. Who knows? Many historians blame him for the 45 year super Cold War!).

Answered by Sukhoi, 07 Oct '07 11:05 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Miracle and Born Lucky.
Answered by rashmi singh, 04 Oct '07 08:25 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

opportunities never come to those who wait, they r captured by those who dare to attack"....they r real winners who succeed in most difficult situations
Answered by ramarao malla, 06 Oct '07 06:34 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I consider my self HAPPY as I am LUCKY
There are two aspects:
1) I consider my self Lucky.
2) I believe in Philosophy- Keep trying until you succeed - but continue to be satisfied after doing work to best of your abilities (Irrespective of results)
To be more elaborate:
Be Positive and consider yourself Lucky. You will be destined to be successful.
Luck has 3 parameters Time, Place and knowledge.
You have no control on time. But with you can learn to manage time and exploit available opportunity each time to increase your knowledge and utilize your knowledge.
You may get limited opportunity to increase and utilize your knowledge in a place where you are but you can always change the place i.e. shift to new location where your exposure to Knowledge is increased.
So you can have better LUCK if you work hard to continue to fully exploit each opportunity and if need be change the place.
Answered by PANIWALA A, 11 Dec '07 09:07 pm

(0)
 (0)