Q.

I know sufficient Fiqh to fulfil my daily obligations. What I find missing is the spiritual side to this. How would I go abound learning this, are there books you would recommend? What about the Sufi tariqas - are they bida? My Arabic teacher told me that tassawuf didn't exist in the sahabas time, but that there was zuhd, is this true? Also what books/subjects would you recommend to further my knowledge of fiqh?

Tags: money, relationships, entertainment
Asked by SPIRITUAL TRUTH, 09 Apr '12 01:30 pm

1.

Spirituality in Islam has different concept from all the religions of the world as Islam opposes leaving the world and going to forest, mountains etc. but Islam encourages its followers to participate actively in the matters of the world. Islam is a beautiful combination of Spiritual and Materialistic aspects of Islam. So, spirituality in Islam lies in worship of Allah (God) according to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and fulfilling duties which Islam has imposed on its followers being Muslims and slaves of God.
Answered by lilliput, 09 Apr '12 01:30 pm

(1)
 (0)