Q.

Is the MBA degree of UK of any value in India?

Asked by jasmine merchant, 25 Jun '08 07:43 am

1.

My name is Aadityaa Narayan. I did my MBA from Sheffield Hallam University. Based on my qualification, i could not get any jobs in UK and i had to come to India. Doing MBA in UK is waste of time and money. There is no assurance that you will get a career built out of MBA. Half the people who go to UK for MBA wants to settle down there. Their objective is to set u a career life in UK. This is not assured and coming back to India your just one in million MBAs. So please don't get any ideas that you will better by doing MBA in UK. I am the person who has suffered for two years with career lost and unable to pay back my educational loan still.
Answered by Shiva Venkat, 28 Jun '08 10:05 pm

(5)
 (0)
2.

No, MBA degree of UK is of NO value in India. I did my MBA from Durham Business School which is amongst the top 10 in UK and after coming back to India did not get a good job. An MBA from the top 15 Indian business schools would be a better choice any day. Besides UK job scene is very bad. There are no jobs there !!
Answered by anurag dhawan, 30 Jun '08 12:40 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

UK MBa is very difficult compare with US MBA. UK MBA demands real examinations and subjects are taught in detail. US MBa is nothing but chating and there are group works, projects, quiz etc but not much real examinations. Thus, if you want a easy life, do not go to UK.
Jobs in UK for Indians, because of racial discriminations, is extremely difficult. Most UK MBA got to come back to India and cannot get any job because the Indian bosses are all US MBAs or IIM MBAs.
However, MBAs from London Business School is valued, but not from any where else.
There are 1000s of Business Schools in USA as well, but the positive point is even a MBA from unknown university in USa may give you a job of managing a grocer shop in USA, but a MBA from UK means unemployment.

Answered by Dipak Bose, 29 Jun '08 05:39 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

Yes, an MBA degree from the UK does offer a competitive edge. This is because the employees who did MBA from the UK bring about a global or at least a European perspective to the job. Salaries that are on the offer may be on par or higher than the ones offered to people who graduate from B-schools in India.
Answered by arunraj vs, 25 Jun '08 07:43 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

No. MBA from top B-schools in India is any day better than MBA from an obscure UK college. World over, Indian professors are highly rated and more than fifty percent of prescribed MBA text books are authored by Indians.
Answered by hemchand mallya, 29 Jun '08 12:27 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

No MBA Degree from UK is not of any value in India as studying abroad definitely brings new values and experience in India but it cannot be utilised properly in India as India still lacks in many fields and areas of growth.
Answered by deepa sharma, 28 Jun '08 05:44 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

Jasmine, I had this question when i was evaluating going to UK for my MBA-Sales&Marketing.I am sure u r in the same situation now. Well, i had one simple reason of doing it, i knew my limitations and knew i would not get into TOP B Schools in India and rather than studying in the next level of Amity's n APJ's, i thought of giving myself an inpendant and an enriching experience. MBA in UK, really depends on how much you take out of the MBA. I strongly believe the MBA in UK has given me exposure, to get initially part time jobs in the UK for IT majors and then in India worked with HP Sales and now back in the UK working for IT major again in Sales.
Answered by Siddharth Nath, 29 Jun '08 10:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Please dont get carried away the moment you hear about a foreign degree regarding any field. The same goes for the field of medicine- indian doctors are the best based on their knowledge & hands on experience...even foreigners admit but indians are underated everywhere in place like US or UK. For any degree even if its MBA or MA- please check the creditials of the college & degree as there are alot of scam people involved to make money of out of education even at the expense of young people education,careers & lives. Frankly, indian government should take a put a stop to those institutes who decieve the minds of a young & naive rather than wait till these hapless students complete the education to say they are not reconized by the state. If the indian youth are not reconized in their own country who else will accept them?
Answered by Sheba, 29 Jun '08 09:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Students who do not get seats in top colleges in india go to uk/australia to do mba. the colleges there are more than happy to take such students for money. many mbas from such collegs do entry level jobs in india which even normal graduates get. hence its not advisible to do mba from uk besides also its very costly
Answered by durga dutt dutt, 29 Jun '08 06:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Well MBA degree will give advantage to a person but I feel that a one yr MBA degree should have a tough curriculam like ISB else no one learn. although it gives international exposure but in india one has to work according to indian market and I have seen so many ppl coming back to india from UK and working on the normal salaries. So it is not worth paying so much for an MBA degree in UK.
Answered by lalit rai, 29 Jun '08 01:17 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

I am also concerned about the details about Teledata since I am also holding some shares and my DP account shows that the Teledata marine Rs.2 and Te..more

Answered by deepthi sunil